No announcement yet.

Where did you meet your SO..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grew up together, dated in HS then she followed to college, dated 10 year and now married for nearly 5 months.

Comment

Met mine at Freshman orientation at Lamar. Both of us were dating other people... 5 years later I get dumped out of the blue... Run into her at school where she is now getting a masters degree and I'm finally about to graduate with my bach degree... We catch up, talk for a while, hang out a few times, and 3 years later we get hitched. Just got married April 30th.

Comment

Met my wife at a "pay by the minute" pool hall. She'd never been to anyplace like that before. We're having our 28th anniversary this week.

Comment

Mountain Home Air Force base, Idaho. I was a diesel mechanic she was Air Traffic Control. Mutual friend brought her to a bon-fire i was throwing in BFE. Married 9 years, 2 kids later.

Comment

Going on 46 years. We meet in a bar, "Big Daddy's" in Homestead Florida!

Comment

First year of college, 1960, been married 54 years

Comment

I was a freshman she was a junior in hs she said I stank like diesel 17 years later weve been married for 9 years and have two beautiful daughters

Comment

Great thread and great stories. I've just found this discussion, so sorry for bumping I met my soulmate on an online dating site. When I almost lost hope, the miracle happened We've been together for 8 years.

Comment

1979 the Alvin community college parking lot crossing paths on bicycles- we looked at each other with big smiles, said hi , rode about 20 more feet and stopped to look back at her and she had done the same with me 🙂! Dated through High school, got married quickly afterwards! Been married 37 yrs next week! I’m a Very blessed man and married Way up! :-)))

Comment

We meet at a San Antonio Iguana’s hockey game on October 27 2000, 20 great years ago.

Comment

Met at the Melody Ranch in Waco in 1980. Dated for a while and went our separate ways. Got back together early in 1985 and married August 1985. She has put up with a lot of foolishness from me but we are still together and best friends. Raised 4 great sons and she has been the mud that holds our hut together. Don’t know what I’d do without her now. 36 years August 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                          Met at the Melody Ranch in Waco in 1980. Dated for a while and went our separate ways. Got back together early in 1985 and married August 1985. She has put up with a lot of foolishness from me but we are still together and best friends. Raised 4 great sons and she has been the mud that holds our hut together. Don’t know what I’d do without her now. 36 years August 3rd.
                          Awesome! Yes Sir, my poor wife has been married to me for 75 yrs but she has strength! I thank God for her every Day- sometimes many times per day.

Comment

We met on one of the popular resorts in Italy, Taormina in 2009. We've been together for more than 10 years and now we barely talk to each other. She moved out and started a new relationships and i am still single. My friend says i should join some dating website called elite singles but i am very conservative in that. Still have my doubts and lots of questions: is elite singles legit, do they check somehow that those are real people registering on the platform? I heard some stories about happy couples who met online just not sure i should go this path

Comment

5 yrs ago decided I wanted a wife. Signed up on Christian mingle, had like 50 responses the first weekend so I said "God- you pick one" Scrolled down, saw one that looked ok, messaged her with my number and said if you want to talk call me and I removed my account. She called, met in February and married in July. I did not know of course at the time, but God had given me a 48 yr old virgin. He treats me better than I will ever deserve.

Comment

I hired mine at the restaurant I managed at the time! . Promoted her up through the ranks then we started seeing each other. So we both quit before upper management found out and fired me!!

Been together close to 20 years now!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X