No announcement yet.

Where did you meet your SO..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schulenburg Festival. Will be celebrating 20 yr anniversary on Sept 1.

Comment

My wife fixed me subway sandwiches every night every other week for about 3-4 months until I asked her out. She was a Jr in high school and I was just graduated a year earlier. I worked nights during these days and subway stayed open until 11 pm. After a few weeks shed have my sandwich waiting on me when I came in on my 1030 pm lunch break.
      We dated for 4 years before marriage and have been together for 16 years.

Comment

Started dating junior year of high school, been together 14 years. married for 5 years two little girls so far.

Comment

Church building…. She was called into work at the hospital across the street and I was holding the door for people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
            Like the title says. Where did y'all meet and how long have you been together. Just curious to see what works for people.
            College Sophmore Year.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              That may be the first happy ending story I've heard out of Johnny B's
              Nonsense. There have been lots of happy ending stories at Dalton’s.

Comment

Hope this helps some here that haven't ventured such a path. Okay, here is the long (& sheety) road that shouldn't have been traveled...

Actually met my true wife same month I proposed to my Ex wife. True wife was a brand new graduate & employee in the corp office & I was out in the field 50-70 miles away for years. I did marry the Ex & moved well up the business ladder for the next 8 years. True wife & I never worked a project together. Totally different branches, locations, and responsibilities. She moved on to other employers after just a few years. (Never saw her again until well after the divorce)

1st wife walked out for 3rd and my last time. Filed, represented myself before the judge, divorced & volunteered half w/o an argument (even though less than 10 yrs marriage). When you get as miserable as I was, money and possessions truly don't matter anymore. I just got to where you don't want somebody in your life whatsoever anymore.

Better days after...

Never went into a bar or club. Only social dinners & outings with closest friends and lots of work, fishing, and hunting.

A friend and former coworker invited many of us to a casual restaurant dinner to get together. Turns out my true wife (who I met at work 10 yrs before) and I were the only 2 invited. We left dinner with each other's phone numbers & spoke a week or so later. Things went so great we married a year later. Our 1st child was born 2 yrs later. 13 yr Anniv coming up.

Huge difference between GIVE and take vs take, take, take

Comment

Blind date on September 26, 1998.
                  Asked her to marry me on November 5, 1998. (Asked via an email)
                  Married July 10, 1999.
                  Been going strong for 22 years.

Comment

Austin, while I was in college. Didn’t see her again for 5 years then we dated for 3 months, got engaged and will be married 15 years in March!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She was working at a restaurant as a waitress but she was sweeping the floor when I walked in. She was very shy.
                      Going on 39 years.

Comment

Met my wife in 1973 at a beginning of summer camp party I used to throw. Rather epic parties with lots of people lasting 9 days...best I remember. I was taking a group on a tour of property between the Ms River levee. and the river and our eyes met in the rear view mirror. We have been in love every since though it was a circuitous path of nearly 30 years before we got married.

While our paths weaved in and out over all the years we always kept in touch. I did get to use the best pick up line in history when I bumped into her late one night at a bar in New Orleans . I looked into her eyes and said { at 2 in the morning} Do you want to have breakfast with the President of the United States tomorrow? Several of us were having breakfast with Gerald Ford and you don't get to play a card like that very often. And it worked like a charm

Woman of my dreams adding incalculable joy.

Comment

Tortuga

Comment

Working...
                          X