No announcement yet.

Where did you meet your SO..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bar called "The Bar" in Green Bay Wisconsin, May 1980, this December we will be married 35 years.

Comment

At my parents restaurant in good ol Anahuac. **** girl wouldn't leave me alone.

Comment

Knew each other since we were little kids due to family friends. Starting dating when I was 14, married when I was 20. So we've been together 22 years and married for 16.

Comment

We had pretty much known each other our whole life's. Been married 8 years with two beautiful munchkins.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
            U must not have made detective in those 25 yrs otherwise u would have caught on to the fact that he said he was at A&M. Members of the corp that march in the band are known as band queers or BQ's for short. He wasn't making fun of u because u played in your high school band so get over yourself.

"The best friends a man can find hunt with a bow" ~ SKLOSS
            I'm sure it's difficult to do the respectful thing for him an apologize due to his ignorance. Jumping to conclusion in his line of business I'm sure is his major downfall. I'm sure he's a blast to work with.

Comment

I don't know yet

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Sat right next to mine, my first morning, in my first class at Texas A&M.

Someone behind us had asked her if she had killed a deer yet. She said yeah I shot one off my back porch the other day.

In amazement I'd never seen a woman who had hunted before so I introduced myself & struck up a conversation about hunting. We became great friends that day.

Continued to be good friends and lab partners & such through college as we had classes together. She worked for the athletic department so I saw her all the time at all of the sporting events. We always talked and visited when we saw each other. Not once did we even considered dating. We weren't each others type.

Then on November 11th 2000 after a tough loss to the #1 OU 31-35 we ran into each other after the football game and it just clicked.

Married 15 years this fall.
                I remember that game. That pic on Farris...

My first date with my wife was officially the Sam Houston State game in 1997. She was a freshman at Sam and she kept talking about how they were going to win. I chuckled. Well, interestingly enough, they scored on the opening drive of the game, but missed the extra point. Well that drive just bolstered her confidence even more. We actually left early in the 3rd quarter due to the heat (3rd deck was brutal in September!) and of course that opening drive was the only time SHSU scored as we plowed them 59-6.

Funny how we remember the scores from those games.
                Last edited by SwampRabbit; 06-08-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  We actually left early in the 3rd quarter due to the heat (3rd deck was brutal in September!) and of course that opening drive was the only time SHSU scored as we plowed them 59-6.

Funny how we remember the scores from those games.

When we beat Tulsa 62-13 in 99 I swear I got 3rd degree burns on my forehead from uncovering ever 30 seconds.

Comment

Met in 9th grade, started dating in 10th and been together ever since. Been together for 19 years and married for 14 years with 2 wonderful kids.

Comment

Met at church camp in 1995 when we were 16. Didn't date till junior year of college. Married for 14 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                        When we beat Tulsa 62-13 in 99 I swear I got 3rd degree burns on my forehead from uncovering ever 30 seconds.
                        LOL! sounds about right.

I remember at some point, she had to sit down. Some jackwagon fish thought he'd be smart and yell at her that she was supposed to stand, blah blah blah. He shut-up when I turned around and gave him the what-for. That was the same weekend that my wife learned that I had developed quite a foul mouth living in an all male dorm on Northside for a year. (we had met and were friends in church youth group! )

Comment

At a toga party out at Lake Columbia in Arkansas, we were both at Southern Arkansas University. That was October 2005, went on first real date in November 2005, dated for a long time, got married 7/6/2012.

Comment

I was in my senior year of high school and she was going to collage. I was 18 and she was 19. Well we both were working on Lowes. She was a cashier and I was working in the inside lawn and garden department (as well as all the other departments). We had a code three (more then 3 customers standing in line, call up extra works to be a cashier till the line gets back down) I happened to end up using the register next to her. We kind of chit chated while helping customers (I needed help being a cashier and she needed help know what certain items were) When I was done, I scanned her in the eyes and went back to my department. The rest is history I guess you can say. Been together 8 years and married for a month and and a half.
                            Attached Files

Comment

We met at the Posse East at U.T. There were about 40 of us electrical engineering students that were denied senior lab in the Spring due to lack of classroom space. They told us we had to come back for the 1st Summer session before we could graduate. When everyone else went to lab, we went to the bar. That was 30 years ago and we have been married for going on 26.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
                                I was in my senior year of high school and she was going to collage. I was 18 and she was 19. Well we both were working on Lowes. She was a cashier and I was working in the inside lawn and garden department (as well as all the other departments). We had a code three (more then 3 customers standing in line, call up extra works to be a cashier till the line gets back down) I happened to end up using the register next to her. We kind of chit chated while helping customers (I needed help being a cashier and she needed help know what certain items were) When I was done, I scanned her in the eyes and went back to my department. The rest is history I guess you can say. Been together 8 years and married for a month and and a half.
                                I busted out laughing on that one. I'm going to use that one on my wife.lol

Great stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X