Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

UPDATE: Terrible burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: Terrible burn

I posted the following shortly after my cousins youngest son Brady was burned the day after Thanksgiving 2014 and I feel compelled to update because of his amazing recovery.

They didn't give him much of a chance to live that day. Even after the initial month, I would guess there were a dozen times that death was knocking at the door.

This boy insisted that the Helicopter Medivac team pray with him before they intubated him if that gives you any idea about his faith.

After initial treatment at UAB, he was brought to Parkland last year in this condition and on deaths door...except.

His doctors, nurses and family...and faith...got him through unthinkable pain before being sent home completely grafted in December.

He has since been his brothers best man in his wedding and even gotten to fish a bit.

He is truly a Miracle Man, as his nurses called him and is well in his way to a "normal" life, although he has much PT, OT and some surgeries ahead. He is an inspiration with his strength, endurance and unwavering trust in the Lord.

Here he is today after a checkup and reunion with the nurses who first treated him at UAB burn unit.

Continued prayed please as he has to undergo surgery to remove scar tissue from his trachea.

I hope to get him to Texas soon and maybe shoot a few pigs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ShockValue; 06-06-2016, 08:30 PM.

Incredible will to live. Thanks for the update. God bless him!

Comment

Simply amazing strength and true faith. Prayers continuing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonderful story. Amazing too.

Comment

Wow. Amazing. I just read the old thread...it made my screen blurry. Happy for y'all

Comment

Wow... Praise the lord! I'm pretty speechless right now. Thank god for his recovery.

Comment

The pain that young man must of endured. Thank the Lord he is doing well. Prayers sent up for him.

Comment

No words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of prayers and mojo sent to the young man!

Comment

Amazing will power by some people, especially this one. Prayers can do this. Tell him to keep fighting and we will keep sending prayers.

Comment

Hell yes!!!! Wonderful, man! Best wishes and theoughts to this hound man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        Wow. Amazing. I just read the old thread...it made my screen blurry. Happy for y'all
                        x2

I remember reading this initially. What an improvement. God answers prayers. Thanks for trusting us with your request.

Comment

God bless him and many more blessings

Comment

my wife is a RN at UAB, they have a great burn unit.

Comment

Tell him to keep his chin up the scars will heal! My cuz was burn over 75% of her body and flatlined 3 times in the ER. Granted it has been many years and many surgeries but the scars have healed and she now lives a great life with very little signs she was burned. Prayers for a a continued recovery!

Comment

Working...
                              X