FWISD Board meeting - Transgender Bathrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
    I don't agree with catering to the few at the expense of the many but depending on the source, 75% to 90% of child molestations and rape cases are committed by someone the victim knows very well. I don't think this rule is going to be "open season" for predators. Predators will do what they do regardless of a rule in an unlocked bathroom. In other words, if the opportunity presents, the location isn't important. The home is far more dangerous than a public bathroom.

Jerry Sandusky never wore a dress to access his victims.
    True, however it's the overreach of liberal govt that we shouldn't tolerate. If "this" long arm isn't particlarly upsetting to you, then just wait a little a while and another one probably will bother you. It will be too late to do anything at that point as the slope is just too slippery to try and reverse the direction. It has begun.

Comment

Originally posted by Peta-hata View Post
      True, however it's the overreach of liberal govt that we shouldn't tolerate. If "this" long arm isn't particlarly upsetting to you, then just wait a little a while and another one probably will bother you. It will be too late to do anything at that point as the slope is just too slippery to try and reverse the direction. It has begun.
      This.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
        Here's the best explanation of the "why" the liberals are pushing this.

All practices are governed by theory, regardless if the practitioners are aware or not.
        - Peter Drucker
        Author of 50+ texts on business

“The reason they want to abolish gender is because they also want to remove any kind of moral construct regarding human sexuality,”

“Ultimately they want to abolish gender so they can abolish the very notion of the creator God himself, who created you and I in His image. Male and female, God created you and I, distinctly different yet complementary.”

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
        Totally agree. Do you ever just sit back and realize how "unbelievable" it is that our Federal Government is actually working to destroy the principles, morals and values that define our nation? It's hard to imagine that this is even being considered as a "real" issue. The entire LGBT community represents about 4% of the US population......only 4%. Something has to give eventually.

Personally, I'm starting to "feel" more like a 52 year old female, native american these days. I wonder if that would change my ability to get a small business loan, scholarship, or any other privilege?

Comment

The califoniafication of Texas is well under way. Guess where this superintendent was born. With all the libs moving in from out west it's only a matter of time before Texas is as screwed up as Cali.

When they sell here and after paying off the mortgage their equity can purchase a nice home in Texas- just don't sell to them. Keep Texas a red state.

I agree it's a problem, look at Oregon and Colorado.

Comment

That's why I said "I don't agree with catering to the few at the expense of the many."

Comment

Here's the best explanation of the "why" the liberals are pushing this.

All practices are governed by theory, regardless if the practitioners are aware or not.
              - Peter Drucker
              Author of 50+ texts on business

“The reason they want to abolish gender is because they also want to remove any kind of moral construct regarding human sexuality,”

“Ultimately they want to abolish gender so they can abolish the very notion of the creator God himself, who created you and I in His image. Male and female, God created you and I, distinctly different yet complementary.”

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
              Nailed it. So did the DRT who invoked The Revolution.

It's past time to divorce ourselves from the U.S. If your liberty means anything at all, then the discomfort that comes from losing a job or government funding (= possible higher state taxes to make up the difference) is nothing.

Those who would surrender liberty for serurity deserve neither [paraphrased]

Comment

[QUOTE=Legdog;11330799]That's why I said "I don't agree with catering to the few at the expense of the many."[/QUOTE

Copy. Your argument presented is the exact same one the liberal agenda is making however. My point is we as conservatives are misguided as to why we disagree with this. It's not so much a safety issue (which was the point of your post) it's the overreach that we shouldn't tolerate (the point of my post). We have to be smarter about our tolerance of these agendas. Don't even hint at tolerating or justifying ANY of it.

Comment

I'm having trouble understanding the safety concern. Aren't those same men you're worried about going in the bathroom with our little girls allowed in the bathroom with our little boys now? Aren't female predators (they exist) allowed in the girl's bathroom with our daughters already?
                  Last edited by Balcones_Walker; 05-14-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                    I'm having trouble understanding the safety concern. Aren't those same men you're worried about going in the bathroom with our little girls allowed in the bathroom with our little boys now? Aren't female predators (they exist) allowed in the girl's bathroom with our daughters already?

Open up the girl's bathroom, locker rooms snd shower areas in junior and senior high school to boys? You din't think besides basic decency there's also a safety risk to girls getting undressed with a boy with raging hormones looking? I do.

Now, a man in a ladies room is breaking the law without touching a female. Next, he's allowed in until he touches?

My concerns in order:

- killing core societal values including God (see my prior post for explanation)

- modesty/ privacy and saying if it's ok here, it's ok anywhere to be.seen naked. Try to explain that to a teenager.

- safety

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
                      Many will still do that today. Damm the torpedos, full steam ahead!!! Redneck reckoning about to happen.
                      Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I think Patrick is a bit over zealous stating that this will be the end of public schools. Regardless it's past time for the states and more specifically the people to stand and say we done having your agendas that cater to the few crammed down our throat! You will fund schools because it's our tax payer money and you a merely a steward!

They may hold the purse strings be have the gold before its placed in the purse!
                      Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      This has nothing to do with the .001% of the population who a mentally deranged and can't figure out if the have a ****** or a vagina. This is about opening Pandora's box allowing unlimited access to Predators and perverts. Why liberals can't comprehend this is beyond me. I guess stupidity is a lifelong illness.
                      That's why I said "I don't agree with catering to the few at the expense of the many."
                      yes
                      yes
                      yes
                      yes
                      ...and hell yes!

Comment

This is what happens when idiots run the farm. Super needs to grow a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          So let's review the Federal law as it relates to the illegal use of Marijuana.

Colorado
                          Washington

They can't enforce crap!

Stand up people.......we outnumber the few. Don't let this madness consume us!!!
                          ah, it's up to 4 states and D.C.

Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington and the District of Columbia.

about 8 more states to vote on full legalization in november.

times, they are a changin...

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                            That is what has me confused on why people are so up in arms over this. I agree a man shouldnt be able to go in a womens bathroom. But if someone is transgender and really wants to be a girl then i can promise they probably dont want any sexual favors from a woman
                            Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            What stopped the predator from going in there in 2006?

I don't agree with catering to the few at the expense of the many but depending on the source, 75% to 90% of child molestations and rape cases are committed by someone the victim knows very well. I don't think this rule is going to be "open season" for predators. Predators will do what they do regardless of a rule in an unlocked bathroom. In other words, if the opportunity presents, the location isn't important. The home is far more dangerous than a public bathroom.

Jerry Sandusky never wore a dress to access his victims.

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post

i am sorry, logic and common sense don't work here.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                              ah, it's up to 4 states and D.C.

Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington and the District of Columbia.

about 8 more states to vote on full legalization in november.

times, they are a changin...

They changed the laws in Cali on pot possession several years ago snd my observation is the world has not ended.

Possession of small amounts is a fine with no court appearance.

For $175 and a doctor exam (frankly a joke since the list of medical conditions justifying it is published and advertised) a medical card is issued. Then one can grow it for personal consumption or form a co-op with others.

For profit businesses form a co-op, people join, and then can purchase it at the members only co-op. State taxation is zero on home grown and I believe sales tax only on a co-op.

It's the same as before. Those I've met who use it recreationally say it's perfect, why change and screw it up.

BTW, with irrigation it grows anywhere/ everywhere here.

Comment

They changed the laws in Cali on pot possession several years ago snd my observation is the world has not ended.

Possession of small amounts is a fine with no court appearance.

For $175 and a doctor exam (frankly a joke since the list of medical conditions justifying it is published and advertised) a medical card is issued. Then one can grow it for personal consumption or form a co-op with others.

For profit businesses form a co-op, people join, and then can purchase it at the members only co-op. State taxation is zero on home grown and I believe sales tax only on a co-op.

It's the same as before. Those I've met who use it recreationally say it's perfect, why change and screw it up.

BTW, with irrigation it grows anywhere/ everywhere here.
                                that situation is ideal for the people, i agree...

and full legalization will bring in big tobacco companies(who have already purchased land in the emerald triangle) and taxation.

taxes are necessarily bad for the state however. colorado made more on cannabis taxes than alcohol last year !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X