X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck. You can always catch some at the jettys

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
      Still trying to decide. I know zero so it's gonna be trial and error.
      Everybody knew zero once. Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Everybody knew zero once. Good luck !
        That ain't no lie.

That's good. I'll remember that for the rest of my life

Comment

Good looking boat.

Comment

Great looking boat. Just fish all around the holes and grass. You'll pick something up. The tides have been high so don't rule out the shoreline. Lots of times, especially being a bass fisherman, they are shallower than you think they are. I really enjoy a gulp shrimp in new penny color about 20" under a trout hauler rattling cork. Good luck to ya sir. Wish I had time to get out there!

Comment

If I was off i'd be happy to ride along and point out a few of my buddies honey holes to ya

Comment

Once you decide where you're putting in you'll want to see what the tide predictions are. Also, like someone else said, see what the wind is going to do.

Search for bait and clean water.

If the salinity levels are down, due to the rain and rivers flowing into the gulf, you may want to target reds. Specks will head out of the area for water with higher salinity levels. Reds seem to tolerate freshwater better.

Be careful if you any where near a ship channel. You don't want one passing by the canal you're fishing and sucking all the water out to come rolling back in to push you on the bank.

Comment

If you put in at the Intercoastal bridge going to Sabin Pass head west up the Intercoastal and the first big canal to the right take it. Go straight until you see a discharge on the left. I use to catch reds, trout and flounder in that area.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	24441892

Comment

Take the boat out and just have fun! And if you ever need a fishing buddy just let me know!

Comment

[ATTACH]789415[/ATTACH]

Comment

Might be catching more bass and catfish from Trinity bay right now. LOL. I would be on the north shore of east bay especially with this north wind. Look for a mullet or two moving and chunk a top water around them.

Comment

Does anybody know what makes the Kool aid blue looking water right there? I assume it's some chemical from the plant that runs out into Taylor's bayou. I have fished there several times, and a few times did pretty well, a few times absolutely nothing. But you can even see the water color on the map . I was Kinda skeptical to eat anything I caught...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                            Once you decide where you're putting in you'll want to see what the tide predictions are. Also, like someone else said, see what the wind is going to do.

Search for bait and clean water.

If the salinity levels are down, due to the rain and rivers flowing into the gulf, you may want to target reds. Specks will head out of the area for water with higher salinity levels. Reds seem to tolerate freshwater better.

Be careful if you any where near a ship channel. You don't want one passing by the canal you're fishing and sucking all the water out to come rolling back in to push you on the bank.
                            With the jetties tore all to heck they quit slowing down coming into them...be able to get away from the jetties if they throw a wall of water down them.

The wall on the TX side past the CoastGuard usually has reds making runs down it chasing bait. Stop at the lighthouse with shrimp and a perch hook and pick up some croaker to go get some drag stripped on a big rod.

Comment

Nice boat!

Comment

I don't know how to post a link, but if you go to "tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov" it gives water levels, tides, salinity, wind speeds, water temperature, plus a list for all the places you may want to fish. Very handy app.
                                Anytime you may want to learn a little bit, I can show ya what not to do
                                just drop me a line, be glad to help. The best time to fish is from Sept-Feb.

Don't get frustrated, sw fishing can be testing sometimes.
                                Last edited by lovemylegacy; 05-02-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X