Only the Dead see the End of War.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Your dad might know my grandpa. Do you happen to know what year he was over there? My grandpa was a gunner on an APC in 67-68.
    My dad was in 66-67. What is grandpa's name? My dad was station near Xuan Loc

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      I am watching this on HBO and my hands started sweating and I got the images of War and the smell of death stuck in my head. It's crazy how long things like those can stick with you. I'm remembering the dumbest little things while watching this.
      I've been out awhile and I still have the smells burnt in my head. I just keep rolling day by day.
      Rakkasan. RLTW!!!
      Last edited by Rakkasan2187; 03-31-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        We should have a TBH veteran get together.
        We kinda sort of do. Hope to see you soon my friend.

Garry Owen!

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          We kinda sort of do. Hope to see you soon my friend.

Garry Owen!
          I am not a Vetran but my brother is .. But if you guys want to have a get together I am sure I can arrange a weekend at our ranch and I'm sure my brother would like it as well. If it's something y'all would be interested in pursuing I'm in.

Comment

Taged...............

Comment

Certain smells will never ever let you forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Me and Sally View Post
                Even today , after forty six years I still get wet spots in my eyes when watching some of the movies or film clips of Nam . The sound of the prop wash from a Huey will never be forgotten . I still look up every time I hear one .
                It's funny how the smell of sweat and dirty bodies still hang with me .
                Amen, said goodbye to brothers again. Just two days ago.

Comment

I avoid watching movies and documentaries about war. It never goes away and it seems to eat at some of us the older we get. Doc says it's because we're not as active and have more time to think.

I might be in for a get together and meet some brothers.

Comment

I know the feeling

1st Air Cav. 1970-71

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89_3DgW_7mg"]Vietnam War, 1970: CBS camera rolls as platoon comes under fire - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      I am not a Vetran but my brother is .. But if you guys want to have a get together I am sure I can arrange a weekend at our ranch and I'm sure my brother would like it as well. If it's something y'all would be interested in pursuing I'm in.
                      Awesome offer my friend. That sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        Very gracious offer. I've met several other vets on here and all have been awesome guys. Would be cool to have a get together. Lol although like geezy metioned, kinda already unofficially do with motonanza. But more couldn't hurt.

Comment

I'm all for a get together!

It really is hard for folks to understand "missing it", but those who have been there get it. I missed it so much and couldn't seem to find my way or happiness as a regular civi, so I started contracting. I have finally found my niche and love it. It's hard when my wife and son ask all the "typical" questions...I don't like to answer those and just divert the conversation. After a month or two back home, I can feel myself getting antsy and wanting to leave, but simultaneously I hate being away from the family unit. My grandfather was one of the founding UDT guys, and never spoke of anything to the rest of our family, including me. When I went to BRC, he opened up like a story book from hell and we talked for hours. I'm so grateful he shared his memories with me before he died, and I'll cherish them forever. Now days, I understand why pawpaw never spoke of anything. I find myself wondering if I'll ever share much with my wife or son.
                          Last edited by reconman; 04-02-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I couldn't watch it man. I started it but it was pretty recent in my head.

Comment

Working...
                            X