No announcement yet.

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be up Sat through Mon, anybody else?

Have not tried raising the TV antenna on my trailer yet but that is on the list for this weekend. Anybody know if I have any chance of getting reception?

Comment

I still haven't made it out there yet but hopefully I will sometime during next week.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm holding off for cooler weather. I am blessed to have meat in the freezer so the pressure is off

Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael

Comment

FYI for anybody interested in my TV question above, I was able to pull in 5 digital channels. Enjoyed football and Seinfeld reruns last night! Gonna be a great season when the weather cools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to mention that the Overlook Restaurant is closed for repairs. No time frame for reopening was shown on the door sign. Better pack your food in or plan the 9 mile drive to Juanitas.

Comment

How was the hunting? See or hear anything moving

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                How was the hunting? See or hear anything moving

I got this guy Sat night. Didn't get in the stand til 10 minutes before dark but I could see nothing had touched the daytime corn that was thrown. Figure I probably still have nothing but nocturnal activity at my setup.

Went back out yesterday morning but the fog was so thick I couldn't even see the feeder at times. Breeze came up at my back so I called it a day at 8:30 and went to the golf course. Saw 2 fawns driving around but that was it. Hot weather.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                  I got this guy Sat night. Didn't get in the stand til 10 minutes before dark but I could see nothing had touched the daytime corn that was thrown. Figure I probably still have nothing but nocturnal activity at my setup.

Went back out yesterday morning but the fog was so thick I couldn't even see the feeder at times. Breeze came up at my back so I called it a day at 8:30 and went to the golf course. Saw 2 fawns driving around but that was it. Hot weather.

Congrats on the pig. I see he didn't go far...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm headed out there right now for an evening hunt

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, got in the stand at 5, had my neighbors jog by at 20 yards about 10 minutes before my feeder goes off. Lots of tracks but I haven't had a camera on it in a month and this is my 1st hunt for this year so we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                          Thanks, got in the stand at 5, had my neighbors jog by at 20 yards about 10 minutes before my feeder goes off. Lots of tracks but I haven't had a camera on it in a month and this is my 1st hunt for this year so we shall see.

Good luck Txhog!

Hope you have ice if you get something. I went in the container Sat and the icemaker was empty and all the bags in the freezer were melting. Found a breaker tripped on the pole outside. When I left yesterday the freezers were still running but that ice machine had not made any ice. I don't think many other hunters were around this weekend. I have zero cell service out there so didn't call anybody and just now remembered it.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Had one little one with spots still show up right at dark. Waited for about another 20 minutes but momma never showed. I was happy to at least see something with all the disturbances I had this evening. Also had ine feeding time going off at 7pm so I changed that.

Comment

Looks like it will be a bit cooler in the morning. I'm heading up after work today. Anybody else? Hopeful I might actually see deer again with that big boar gone.

Comment

I'm on duty this weekend so not I. May not have another chance to go until late Dec or early Jan but we will see. Right now if I'm not working we are traveling.

Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X