No announcement yet.

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I'll be out sometime next weekend, if the weather holds.

Comment

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Having a tough time getting animals to my feeder in daylight. Deer are very random but hogs are in every night. This guy show right after dark fairly consistently so I'm sitting til 9 or so for him tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TexaRican; 10-07-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Once deer season starts out there, most of the pigs go completely nocturnal. Not all of our members are, shall we say, stealthy when going to and from the stand.

Changing the time on your feeder won't do much either. A few of us have tried in the past, but the conclusion is that there are so many feeders out there that there is no need for the animals to be in a hurry to get to it when it goes off. So they just cycle around each feeder like they would any other food source.

Comment

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Well, I am a big wuss. It got COLD up in that tree last night (shorts and Tshirt) and even colder trying to hammock camp without an underquilt. Back was hurting too so
          I left the tree at 8:00 and after checking my card this morning, a whole sounder of pigs rolled in about 8:15 and stayed a long time. Brand new green light on the feeder did not scare them off at all. Sat this morning 5:00am to 9:00am and saw nothing but a diller.
          Got to meet Vernon at the cleaning station this morning and my neighbor down the road drove in with what I think is that big boar I had on camera. However he said he shot it on another of his lots pretty far from mine. Anyway, congrats Scott!

Comment

Anybody going to be up in camp Friday evening?

Comment

Good boar from front to back. Congrats to whoever got it on the ground.

Comment

We were down there camping Saturday night. Was anyone eles from TBH out there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I came up friday for the evening sit. Feeder stopped throwing a couple days prior apparently according to camera activity

Comment

I was up for 30 minutes tonight lol. Just long enough to park my trailer at the campground. Plan to spend next Saturday cleaning it inside and out during daylight. Checked my camera and I'm getting hogs consistently at 8:00pm so I'll be doing my hunting then. Zero deer on camera and no daylight hog pics.

However, the boar from my trailcam posted above is not the same one in Scott' truck bed. He's still very much alive and probably why I have no deer at my feeder. Still my #1 target.

Comment

I went up Friday morning for a quick hunt. Had a really good sized boar come in but shot was low. Haven't had my camera out but looking at the ground below my feeder...I've got lotsa critters coming in.

Comment

I am also covered in hogs... which is a GREAT thing! I bought into it for killing hogs because that was the primary sign I was seeing in the area.

Now, if I can keep my feeder going so when I show up, they have a reason to show up...

Comment

Well I guess I shouldn't be upset at not having deer because I bought it specifically for hogs and golf.
                          I will have my sticks this weekend if anybody is interested in a quick 9 holes. Mostly I will be pressure washing and setting up my new to me trailer.

Comment

Anybody gonna be at the Hill this weekend?

Comment

I won't. But good luck. Weather should be nice for a round and a sit.

Comment

Lots of hunters in camp (hang tags on trucks) just not many TBHers I guess. Saw one guy walking bow in hand on my way to the ice machine. Ice was lower than I've ever seen it so must be a bunch of us out.

I didn't see a dang thing for animals other than driving to and from my lot. Fri night sat til 9:00 and the pigs showed at 11. 5:30 to 8:00 this morning and nothing but squirrels and birds. Next time I'm going to bring more layers for my evening sit and just stay longer. It sure gets colder at Hilltop than Houston!

Comment

Working...
                                X