No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New USA bats are going to start rolling out in October. Has Utrip adopted the bat ruling yet?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
      This is not true. I know of plenty of programs and baseball clubs that have some teams coached by dads with kids on the team. Those sons believe me get no special treatment just because dad is the coach and every boy has to earn their right to be at any spot on the field.
      Thank you for posting this. I coached my son and his teams since he was 7. All the boys I coached made their high school team two years ago. My son made Varsity as a sophomore. Got 2nd Team All-District as a pitcher.

Of any dad that wants to get started in it, find two other dads that share your philosophy about earning spots and playing time and your team will do alright.

Parents will come, parents will leave, but keep the core together.

BTW, yes, the big organizations are tremendous, but not everyone can make it, or afford it and not every kid needs that kind of environment. One more thing, we also loved beating those "organizations". Oh, we got beat against them for sure, but we gave it back.

Have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        New USA bats are going to start rolling out in October. Has Utrip adopted the bat ruling yet?
        no and it doesn't look like they will. they put out a statement last week regarding it. also looks like they wont be making the age change either.

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
          no and it doesn't look like they will. they put out a statement last week regarding it. also looks like they wont be making the age change either.
          Interesting! I guess they'll be losing the 5 million a year they get from MLB.

We're forming a Utrip team after this fall so I'm keeping an eye on it. There're some smoking good deals on bats due to everyone else adopting the USA bat rule.

I'm gonna get the boy the new Louisville Solo -11 in October.

Comment

Heaths on top of that ruling... he got any input on it?

btw picked the boy up a -10 axe bat for $99 off their website...

Hits well with it.... I'm not a fan of the thump ..prefer the ping of the cat 7...
            We'll see what he goes with next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post

There is no change to USSSA bat rules. The new USA standard goes into effect on 1-1-18 and several organizations have adopted it like Little Leauge, Pony, Dixie, Perfect Game. There is a big difference in the performance of these bats from what kids are used too.

Our DeMarini / Louisville Slugger bats will be out in the market later this Fall. I have seen testing from our competitors (they rushed stuff out into the market) and I feel really good about our bats when it comes to head to head battles. Swing weight is going to be the most important factor with this new USA standard. We weighed a competitors bat that said it was a -10 but really was a -7.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                There is no change to USSSA bat rules. The new USA standard goes into effect on 1-1-18 and several organizations have adopted it like Little Leauge, Pony, Dixie, Perfect Game. There is a big difference in the performance of these bats from what kids are used too.

Our DeMarini / Louisville Slugger bats will be out in the market later this Fall. I have seen testing from our competitors (they rushed stuff out into the market) and I feel really good about our bats when it comes to head to head battles. Swing weight is going to be the most important factor with this new USA standard. We weighed a competitors bat that said it was a -10 but really was a -7.
                Thats a pretty big difference.... seems hard to believe that QC would let that slip by.....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Thats a pretty big difference.... seems hard to believe that QC would let that slip by.....

It's a smoke and mirror game. Bat weights are usually close to what's advertised ut not always if that makes sense.

Comment

Well we played our first kid pitch tournament this weekend. Boys played great and got 3rd place. My son pitched 3 innings and struck out 6 batters. Not bad for a boy I had no intention of becoming a pitcher. He was throwing strikes for sure. 70% of pitches thrown for for strikes this weekend for him.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                      Well we played our first kid pitch tournament this weekend. Boys played great and got 3rd place. My son pitched 3 innings and struck out 6 batters. Not bad for a boy I had no intention of becoming a pitcher. He was throwing strikes for sure. 70% of pitches thrown for for strikes this weekend for him.
                      As someone who watched 9u kid pitch this weekend, and will have a son playing in after the spring...
                      Tell your son thank you... for throwing strikes...

Comment

We moved up this Fall, protected 8 drafted 4 for our final Rec season. First coach pitch game with 12 kids most of whom are still 6 went off pretty well. Played a returning team loaded with older kids and walked away winners 11-7. I'm looking forward to keeping these boys together.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post

I have seen where all of the new Zens are coming in heavy too, closer to -8.
                          Last edited by jshouse; 09-11-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            First real Select games in the Frisco Double Header League and the little guy played really well.

Was the starting pitcher in the first game and gave up one run over 2 innings and zero walks. Walked twice, hit by pitch and roped a 2 RBI double.

Second game wasn't as great, but playing the second game of a double header at 830 pm on a Sunday may make that happen, lol. He walked and struck out, but got 3 outs in the field.

Extremely glad we made the switch. Seeing him challenged with similar players has been greatness.

Comment

Chad. Good luck trying to keep a team together. It is tough to do these days with all the teams out there. Kid has only played with 2 teams and most have played on 5or5 different organizations by HS

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                As someone who watched 9u kid pitch this weekend, and will have a son playing in after the spring...
                                Tell your son thank you... for throwing strikes...
                                This is the entire reason (almost) we moved to Select. Spent entire games with not so much as 3 swings of the bat, and that was only because the kiddos got bored.

Comment

Working...
                                X