Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westguy76 View Post
    nice swing, nice shot, go ahead and block me too but that looked like "rec league pitching" not to take anything away from the batter though he did what he should and then some. congrats

Rec league pitching??? If this is 9U then you'll get pitchers throwing in the high 30's sometimes even in select ball. I've seen 9U kids throwing mid 50's get hammered then a kid will come in throwing 40 and they strike out or can't get it out of the infield. Congrats to the kid with the dinger.

Oh and the ball always seems to be going slower on video then it does when there and watching it live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice swing, nice shot, go ahead and block me too but that looked like "rec league pitching" not to take anything away from the batter though he did what he should and then some. congrats

And you can block me, but that's a really chicken **** thing to say.

Comment

wow, some people...

Comment

I'll take "something that ****** wouldn't say in person" for 500, Alex.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

You win the DB of the Day award. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
              You win the DB of the Year award. Congrats.
              fify.

Comment

I get it guys, shouldn't type every thought, again nothing away from the kid. apologies didn't mean it shouldn't have typed it. train of thought was more in line with the "rec league" comments I just was thinking out loud watching the video about the pitcher. doesn't matter shouldn't comment on any kids perceived ability at any level based on a quick clip. sometimes stream of consciousness leads us to type things on the internet we shouldn't express, it's more natural to check yourself before it comes out your mouth I think. OR to express it in a way that is not misunderstood. like that kid is serving them up. boom knew that was gonna happen..

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  does anyone know the guidelines USSSA uses to bump a team? after a 5-0 weekend we just got bumped to majors, we needed one more good weekend in AAA in my opinion. we are 9-0 against AAA teams and 2-12 against majors teams, we dont have deep enough pitching to play majors right now and we just lost our #3 pitcher last week with a broken finger.

can you appeal it?
                  I don't think you can appeal it

Comment

Another proud dad moment for us as well. We play 8U coach pitch and our coach asked if I would pitch this weekend to change things up. My sons last at-bat in the championship game and he hits it over the center field wall for a 3 run shot. I thing my reaction jumping in the air with a huge fist bump was a little comical. Doesn't get better than being able to throw him the ball that he hits for his first.

Comment

Originally posted by akstigo01 View Post
                      Another proud dad moment for us as well. We play 8U coach pitch and our coach asked if I would pitch this weekend to change things up. My sons last at-bat in the championship game and he hits it over the center field wall for a 3 run shot. I thing my reaction jumping in the air with a huge fist bump was a little comical. Doesn't get better than being able to throw him the ball that he hits for his first.
                      Absolute Greatness

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Change must be in the air. My sons 12u team just got bumped to AAA today

Comment

That great stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              does anyone know the guidelines USSSA uses to bump a team? after a 5-0 weekend we just got bumped to majors, we needed one more good weekend in AAA in my opinion. we are 9-0 against AAA teams and 2-12 against majors teams, we dont have deep enough pitching to play majors right now and we just lost our #3 pitcher last week with a broken finger.

can you appeal it?

So people used to just disband the team when they got bumped up and start a new team under a different name with the same kids so they could play at the same level.

So every kid individually having to register for each tournament was put in place to stop that from happening, correct?

Comment

Yeh the kids are graded

Comment

Working...
                                X