No announcement yet.

Which chainsaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a STIHL MS291 last year, no regrets. It's a beast.

Comment

My Echo has been through hell and still going strong. Even been to the bottom of Granger Lake and fired up 5 minutes later still runs like a champ.

Comment

Stihl or echo. And only use the pre mixed cans of gas from the get go. That stuff is awesome.

Comment

i've always used Jonsered, current one is 8 yrs old and never seen a repair shop. If i ever have to get another i will probably look at Dolomar.

Comment

Echo here. McCulloch chainsaws are also good.

Comment

Stihl is the best. Nothing else compares.

Comment

Stihl

Comment

Echo...It's like the Toyota of the chainsaw world..might not be the strongest, and parts are a little hardened to find....but it starts EVERY TIME, and you won't need parts.

All my ranching neighbors have Stihls...how do I know?...because I fix them every year. I put gas and oil in my Echo (14 years and went to the shop once, thought it was the carb, it was the restrictor plate!).

Good luck

Comment

I got a good deal so I went Stihl, got a Farm Boss 271.

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
                      Buy the stihl and be done
                      My dad bought a 026 over 20 years ago and I am still using it
                      The only thing I would not recommend from stihl is the models with start assist
                      I have one with the 'EZ start' and have no problems. The issue with the pull rope breaking is people not understanding how it works. I've had mine about 3 years and starts every time without issue. What has been your complaint or experience with the 'ez start' models?

Comment

Working...
                      X