• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
    Stihl
    Echo
    Husky

I don't plan to ever own another Poulan or any other junk saw again. My Stihls and Echo run right and start every time. Its worth every penny they cost to have reliable equipment.
    I have had a Stihl for over 12 years now and I could go out in the barn and crank it up right now, it is that dependable. Husky's, have a good reputation as well. Just remember, you do get what you pay for.

Comment

I went down the Poulan path. I made the jump to Stihl 12 years ago and have not looked back. I have the MS 193 and the MS 291. I absolutely love them both. I probably use the 193 the most because it seems small jobs come up more frequently. For reference, I cut between 1 and 6 cords per year (depends on how cold it is for how much hardwood I go through and how many pine trees get killed by beetles that I need to get rid of).

There really is something to be said for having a saw that you KNOW will start when you need it.

I'm sure there are comparable brands. I just haven't used them.

Comment

Stihl, best buy for the money. Husky, a bit better quality imo, but gonna cost ya more.

Comment

Stihl and Husky are easy to work on yourself. Echo's are good saws but not as easy to work on IMO.
          I personally think Stihl is the way to go. You can rebuild them with about 4 tools if you know what you are doing.

Comment

Husqvarna

Comment

I have had my Stihl 034 since 93.
              I have gone through several bars and numerous chains and have never had any trouble out of it.

Comment

Either orange one will serve you well...stihl/husky

Comment

My STIHL's are bullet proof

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                    Stihl and Husky are easy to work on yourself. Echo's are good saws but not as easy to work on IMO.
                    I personally think Stihl is the way to go. You can rebuild them with about 4 tools if you know what you are doing.
                    Take this mans advise, he knows chainsaws. I just replaced the carbs on 3 Stihl saws for less than $125 dollars for new Walbro carbs, and they now run like new again. Took less than 1 hour to replace carbs and new fuel lines on all 3. That is what keeps me using Stihl saws, the ease of repair.

Comment

Stihl FTW!!!!!

mine can sit up for months, break it out and it just fires right up...smokes like the dickens at first, but it's a chainsaw and that oil gets settled in, just have to burn it off

Comment

Stihl. Nuff Said.

Comment

This one...

STIHL MS 291 C-BEQ

I've been spoiled to the Quick Chain Adjuster and wouldn't want to be without it.

Comment

I have a Echo for home and the lease.
                            We have Stihl's on the trucks at work and they are beast's!!!

Comment

The Rigid brand of tools are sold in Low Depot but they are not the same quality as the Rigid tools we but from a supplier.

I am not sure if the Husky brand is done in a similar way or if it is the real deal.

I am a Stihl fan after many years of pullin on a Poulan and cussing McCoughloughs

Comment

Im taking my ms 250 in here for its first service after like 4 years of running it. sharpened the chain myself all that time and I think its time to buy another. aside from one issue of not starting, which was because the air filter hadn't been changed in 3 years, it had been a great saw. 18" bar is enough for me. hauling up and down the mountain side gets tiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X