No announcement yet.

2016 garden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our squash and zucchini has a lot of flowers and a few small fruits . In a few day we will have some goods to eat .

Comment

We are right there with you. We have well over a dozen fruiting and dozens more blooming

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        We have a little over a dozen squash starting and dozens more blooms! Time to load up on canning jars/lids.

Looking good!

For others who want another alternative to hay. If you live in the pines like I do, pine needles to great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Looking good!

For others who want another alternative to hay. If you live in the pines like I do, pine needles to great as well.
          Pine needles or straw is what I use it adds acidity to the soil too

Comment

Looking good!

That was three days ago. Here is what they look like now!!!

Comment

That was three days ago. Here is what they look like now!!!

Oh yea, once them squash start to bud out, they take off in a hurry! I'm sure you will be overloaded before long. Looks like you have a critter munching on your stems as well. lol

Comment

Oh yea, once them squash start to bud out, they take off in a hurry! I'm sure you will be overloaded before long. Looks like you have a critter munching on your stems as well. lol

Sadly I broke a few installing the fencing to keep them off the tomatoes.

Comment

Sadly I broke a few installing the fencing to keep them off the tomatoes.

Doesn't take much with how tender those squash plants are. Did you plant crook neck squash?

Comment

So I gave that potato box a try after some internet research. Here they are starting to sprout.

Comment

1,500 ladybugs have been introduced to the garden!

Thinking about getting some of these. So you can go out to your garden now and see them everywhere?

Comment

My potatoes have been going crazy with this weather. Almost at the top of their 5 gal buckets. Everything else is moving along slowly since j got a late restart thanks to the boss.

Lemon trees are starting to get some fruit on them though.

Looking at getting some sweet potatoes ready soon

Comment

Looks as if we could be in store for a light frost again tonight...we still have yet to plant anything other than potatoes and onions due to the weather. Still waiting a couple of more weeks to hopefully get all of the cold weather behind us.

Comment

You folks out in the coutry might want to cover up what you can may get close to freezing again in low spots in the hill country.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                              You folks out in the coutry might want to cover up what you can may get close to freezing again in low spots in the hill country.
                              thanks for he heads up, going to do that now.

Comment

Over the last week my rows of corn have sprouted. I've got five 100' rows, my potatoes are doing great. I had to get a sneak peak to see how the spuds are doing. Also, I planted some tomato transplants after that late March freeze. Saturday I planted eight 100' rows of sunflowers. These will help improve my soil, and give my beehives some good pollen and nectar.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X