CO or NM Elk Hunt recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWP View Post
    Heeelllll, he can buy a SCI gold bull with a 5 star lodge and lady companionship for a dang landowner tag!!!!! ha ha ha I laugh so I don't cry.
    WOW sad to say but you are right. Might be my last year to buy a Landowner Tag. I am searching for a new unit that has some good bulls. Any suggestions?

Comment

Heeelllll, he can buy a SCI gold bull with a 5 star lodge and lady companionship for a dang landowner tag!!!!! ha ha ha I laugh so I don't cry.

But since I follow Jesus there will be no "female companionship" [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji12]

Comment

Bucksmasher, are you saying honestly to have a ''real'' elk hunt you have to grab a rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
          But since I follow Jesus there will be no "female companionship" [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji12]
          I do too, Jesus didn't hunt high fences and neither do I!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha Totally kidding, man I a FOR any and all hunts/adventures for legally taking animals. You are just hearing from a lot of guys who LOVE the struggle of hunting elk DIY. No problems at all with anyway you want to kill you a Wapiti. Personally, I think it is great that you know what you want out of a hunt, don't let a jack wagon like myself sway you in any manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
            WOW sad to say but you are right. Might be my last year to buy a Landowner Tag. I am searching for a new unit that has some good bulls. Any suggestions?
            I had more dang fun with bugling bulls and great country last year in Idaho than I have in CO or NM, but it is STEEP country, but not as high as CO. Unit 15 has a special spot in my heart when I was a NM resident and could draw the tags in 2005 and 2006. I'm going to try and draw a Nov AZ tag this year with the bow. If you aren't in the best shape or you just like the SW elk feel then AZ and NM is your only game.

Have you tried GoHunt.com???? My buddy has it and loves it, thinking that the $150 a year might be worth it.

Comment

I had more dang fun with bugling bulls and great country last year in Idaho than I have in CO or NM, but it is STEEP country, but not as high as CO. Unit 15 has a special spot in my heart when I was a NM resident and could draw the tags in 2005 and 2006. I'm going to try and draw a Nov AZ tag this year with the bow. If you aren't in the best shape or you just like the SW elk feel then AZ and NM is your only game.

Have you tried GoHunt.com???? My buddy has it and loves it, thinking that the $150 a year might be worth it.
              I hunted Co a lot when I was younger and I still dont mind the steep if I am chasing an elk. I will check out GoHunt. I am going to check out unit 36,34,and 13. OTC in Idaho?

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                I hunted Co a lot when I was younger and I still dont mind the steep if I am chasing an elk. I will check out GoHunt. I am going to check out unit 36,34,and 13. OTC in Idaho?
                Yes sir, out of Sun Valley. But I will HOPEFULLY draw a moose tag this year, I'm trying to be positive, so my elk hunt might get put on the back burner.

Comment

Yes sir, out of Sun Valley. But I will HOPEFULLY draw a moose tag this year, I'm trying to be positive, so my elk hunt might get put on the back burner.
                  Good luck! A moose is on my to do list.

Comment

Working...
                  X