Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most fun hunts of the year are Spring turkey

Comment

You could also install a Remote on the feeder so you could at least throw more corn after they leave or you run them off with the sling shot. That way you don't have to get down to go throw more corn.

I had them on a lease in Lee county and you can only spring hunt turkey so you can't shoot them in the fall.

Comment

They do the same thing to me in blanco county. hand corn and all. im thinking about taking a bb gun to the stand with me. used to work on the cows, bound to work on turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          A feed pen usually deters them a good bit.

What?

Man, we had a lease in Robert Lee that was absolutely covered up in turkeys. Never thought I'd say it but they were a nuisance.
          The deer didn't have a chance at eating when the feeders went off.

Comment

Put pea gravel in your feeder.

Comment

Would love to see more turkey at our place. Have only seen two in four years. But, I would not want the issue you have.

Comment

Pew pew pew

I would love to help you with that problem. Say when?
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 12-29-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Rubber blunt tips. Once they get thumped a couple times they go to a different feeder. Plus it's good practice. Not saying I ever did that of course. I read it somewhere.

Comment

I put hog panels around my feeder. They have not figured out how to get over it. It's not big just 4 panels. And I set the feeder to very late as to go off when they are going to roost. It's seems to help. But I feel your pain. 75 to 100 turkeys and not one kernel left for the deer. And sitting there waiting for the feeder to go off

Comment

Red Ryder.

Comment

Put up a sign that says "deer corn".

Comment

Readjust your feeder times, one very short spin about an hour or so earlier than what is now and another regular spin about 30 min. before dark for evenings. For mornings have it spin about 30 min. before sunrise. You'll just have to get in the blind earlier.

Comment

Put out some type of turkey attractant over at Coogfan's stand.

Comment

get a mouth call and do an alert putt at them.

Comment

Bout to put up another pen for that reason.
                                Deer don't stand. Chance with this many turkeys.
                                Again, my birds in Goliad haven't figured out the round pens.

BP

Comment

Working...
                                X