any good disfunctional family christmas stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
    Mine is sad...I have 2 cousins that have both declared they are transgender in the last 2 years (brother and sister). I avoided Christmas Day with that side of my family because I refuse to call them by their “new” names and figured it easier to just avoid them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did their mom and dad not do a good job raising them?

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Did you choke em out with chitty drawers first or did you quit eating possum when you got to that one??[emoji2]

We went duck hunting one Christmas morning when I was in college and got into the Christmas cheer a tad too much and came home at 230 in the afternoon covered in mud and lit! Needless to say that's the last Christmas morning I went duck hunting! I told em I would be home by 930am at the latest!!

Hahaha, you made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        Did their mom and dad not do a good job raising them?

Mom was good but dad was a bum and has only worked a few days in his adult life-not exaggerating. They never went to church and both kids were kind of odd growing up but I never expected this. Oh and they grew up in Austin

Comment

We had some crazy Christmases in the minchew household. My dad had never been right since returning home from Vietnam as a combat medic.

I was born about 9 or 10 months after he got back.

Christmas is always an afterthought. I spent one Christmas at the Cleveland, Texas Police department while Mom and Dad were locked up for DWI and PI.

Me and my little brother played cards with the dispatcher. My Grandma and Grandpa drove from Houston to bail Mom and Dad out.

We used to drive to Many, Louisiana to visit my granny for Christmas. She'd answer the door and say what the f#@# are y'all doing here?

It was always interesting. One-time some drunks pulled up in the driveway and told granny to go make them some cornbread. She said okay, and went inside and got a 410 shotgun. She came outside and started shooting at them. They reversed can outta there so fast they got stuck in the ditch on the other side of the road. She put two rounds of number fours through their windshield. They ended up running off and calling the sheriff on her. That was fun.

she had bought us a used Honda big Red four wheeler. We flipped it on a creek bank and almost died. She whipped our a&$ for flipping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            We had some crazy Christmases in the minchew household. My dad had never been right since returning home from Vietnam as a combat medic.

Christmas is always an afterthought. I spent one Christmas at the Cleveland, Texas Police department while Mom and Dad were locked up for DWI and PI.

Me and my little brother played cards with the dispatcher. My Grandma and Grandpa drove from Houston to bail Mom and Dad out.

We used to drive to Many, Louisiana to visit my granny for Christmas. She'd answer the door and say what the f#@# are y'all doing here?

It was always interesting. One-time some drunks pulled up in the driveway and told granny to go make them some cornbread. She said okay, and went inside and got a 410 shotgun. She came outside and started shooting at them. They reversed can outta there so fast they got stuck in the ditch on the other side of the road. She put two rounds of number fours through their windshield. They ended up running off and calling the sheriff on her. That was fun.

she had bought us a used Honda big Red four wheeler. We flipped it on a creek bank and almost died. She whipped our a&$ for flipping it.
            I want to party with Grandma

Comment

Man I had a boring Christmas. But summer time not so much.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

These stories are awesome, keep them coming.

Comment

I think every granny in Many is just like yours Chew! I know several folks from Many and they're all crazy as hell!!

Comment

been reading this thread for a few days now in my spare time and not real sure what to do now

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                      been reading this thread for a few days now in my spare time and not real sure what to do now
                      Get drunk and visit the in laws

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Granny dont play!

Comment

Bump for this year’s stories...

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                            Bump for this year’s stories...

I slept in, my wife went to work.

She came home around noon, we cleaned house a bit, I cooked dinner then we watched Christmas Vacation while everyone else dealt with crazy family drama.

Comment

Yep

[QUOTE=Slew;13885954]I think every granny in Many is just like yours Chew! I know several folks from Many and they're all crazy as hell!!

And how bout those folks from Zwolle? I've got some seriously rough friends that used to fish TB and they would not go out in Zwolle at night.

Comment

Such an awesome thread....pure greatness I tell ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X