• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slug

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      Don't use buckshot...... Slugs are the way to go

I speak from experience. Grew up hunting Wisconsin and Illinois
      ΔΔΔΔΔ this. Buy her a dedicated slug gun barrel and be done with it.
      Last edited by saintsfan; 11-27-2015, 08:53 AM. Reason: Sp

Comment

Deer Slug or Buckshot?

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
        ΔΔΔΔΔ this. Buy her a dedicated slug gun barrel and be done with it.

No, buckshot. [emoji14]

Comment

OP seeks best means to allow for girlfriend's buck fever shakes. Range not an issue (close). Slug is no different than rifle -- single projectile to a single point, which may or may not strike deer. Buckshot provides a lethal pattern much wider than the rifle or slug.

No brainer. Go with buckshot.

Comment

Buck shot

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              OP seeks best means to allow for girlfriend's buck fever shakes. Range not an issue (close). Slug is no different than rifle -- single projectile to a single point, which may or may not strike deer. Buckshot provides a lethal pattern much wider than the rifle or slug.

No brainer. Go with buckshot.

Whata concept right!!!! [emoji6]

Comment

I used buckshot running dogs for deer in North Carolina because most of the time shots were less than 35-40 yards and the deer was running or walking fast. Buckshot works great if you can keep you shots at 40 yards or less with a gun that patterns well! Mine actually patterned 00 & 000 buck best with a modified choke.

Comment

Never shot buck shot, but rifled chokes do pretty well. get her to shot both at a target and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
                    I used buckshot running dogs for deer in North Carolina because most of the time shots were less than 35-40 yards and the deer was running or walking fast. Buckshot works great if you can keep you shots at 40 yards or less with a gun that patterns well! Mine actually patterned 00 & 000 buck best with a modified choke.
                    Great example of what I stated earlier. Sometimes the full choke throws a bad pattern with the larger pellets.

You really should sacrifice a few loads to the pattern board to check it out.

Comment

Deer Slug or Buckshot?

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                      Great example of what I stated earlier. Sometimes the full choke throws a bad pattern with the larger pellets.

You really should sacrifice a few loads to the pattern board to check it out.

When I was young we always shot #1 Buck. I still like it better than 00. All we had were 30" fixed full choke barrels. The #1's patterned so much better.

Comment

Working...
                      X