• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    19 to 230 should work
    That's what we're shootin for right now

Comment

It's a down right **** floater here at the house right now. Deer should be moving real good tomorrow afternoon when the weather breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        It's a down right **** floater here at the house right now. Deer should be moving real good tomorrow afternoon when the weather breaks.

I'll be in the stand too

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Youngest and I will be on stand tomorrow evening as well.

Comment

Holler if you need a hand. I won't be far.

Comment

Work allowed and early escape and we hit red dirt right about midnight. Slept a few hours till a storm woke me up.

Dad and I on pig/coyote patrol while momma makes a couple more attempts to fill a tag with the 700 muzzy. We're all settled in. North wind starting to pick up blow the fog out. Hard to dress for this morning 52 now and supposed to be in the 40s by lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                I'll be in the stand too
                Good deal. Not a breath of wind at day break even though the front is off the coast. I can see the northwest breeze starting to move the branches a little...should pick up steady to 15 to 20 today. Would be a great time to hang a deer overnight.

I'm going to drop boys off around 2:45 at bow lease. Y'all keep us updated on y'alls hunts!

Comment

Single doe a spike and a pair of button bucks early. They fed corn then hit the food plot. I thought it was starting to clear up till a light mist started again.

Pair of swamp donkeys and their babies just came to second feeder. I've heard one shot. So far off hard to tell what it was

Comment

I left Centerville yesterday at 4:45. It poured from Madisonville all the way to conroe. Hailed like I had never seen in Huntsville but I was about 2 minutes behind the bad part I guess. Light hail on me but some big stuff and lots of it on the ground. Made it look like it had snowed. Road and shoulders were completely white minus the tire tracks.

Comment

Great view Quackerbox! Really like that set up.

I just got through fixing up some Stag chili for after the hunt this evening. I'm going to run the boys down to the bow lease here in about 30. I've got a lot of does coming in down there so Colton should have a shot opportunity on something. It's cooling off quick out there!

Comment

I'm almost to Mark's/ downtown44. Gonna pick him up and shove him in the same hole I had William in. I've never hunted there and not seen a deer. I can't see 3 consecutive hunts and getting blanked there. 45*, drizzling rain, and a stiff NNW wind. Anything legal goes. It's freezer filling time!!!

Comment

Sounds good Jooger and good luck to y'all! Colton and his buddy just got settled in.

Comment

Brighton and I are in. Ran deer out if cover crop getting here but made up for it by throwing 50# of hand corn.

Big, cull or doe a deer needs to die this hunt for us to make our sausage needs.

Comment

All you guys hunting today suck.

Because I'm not hunting too

Good luck everyone!

Comment

It's been a good spot Johnny. View down one of the other 4 lanes. Tree stand on one and a the octogon ground blind on the other

I was momentarily excited this morning when the sun peaked out. Clouded back up so we called it. No real chores to do around here so wife and I rolled back out about 2. Same spike I saw this morning was waiting on me. Not expecting much with the wind. I'd much rather been down on the creek in a tree stand away from it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X