Let's Try This Again: LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Too much peas and cabbage I guess. Obama gonna send the EPA after me!

Just an FYI guys. If yall hunt muzzle loader or youth for does.... As of yesterday, I have two bucks completely shed and three more with only one side. Better look at those does real close!
    I've see a couple does that were double wides as well. I don't know if they are gaining weight better that fawns have been weaned or they are that far along from being bred early.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      I've see a couple does that were double wides as well. I don't know if they are gaining weight better that fawns have been weaned or they are that far along from being bred early.
      I shot a doe on the 29th of December and she had two fetus sacks inside her but the fetuses themselves were not noticeable (and I couldn't feel anything inside them either).

That said, I have never in my life seen or killed a deer with as much fat on it as this one. I literally had to cut a 1/2" thick sheet of solid fat on her back to get to the backstraps. It was insane and just goes to show how much food there is for them to eat. They do not need corn at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        I shot a doe on the 29th of December and she had two fetus sacks inside her but the fetuses themselves were not noticeable (and I couldn't feel anything inside them either).

That said, I have never in my life seen or killed a deer with as much fat on it as this one. I literally had to cut a 1/2" thick sheet of solid fat on her back to get to the backstraps. It was insane and just goes to show how much food there is for them to eat. They do not need corn at all.
        My buck was that way. Shot in October. And yeah feeders weren't a factor from about Halloween till about 2 or 3 weeks ago

Comment

My sister came through! She's waiting on mom to get home and is gonna head this way. Soon as they get here we're gonna go brush in a spot for Will and I'll be posted up where Lex has been hanging out. I'm not waiting on him though. If OBB comes in she's gonna catch 250gr in the gizzards!

Comment

You know Steve, those old smart does are sometimes harder to get than a buck. Dang does get smart too after a few years of watching their buddies and kids fall around them. Good luck! I know it'll feel good to let the air outta her!

Comment

Just dropped Will off and I'm headed in myself. Anything legal is on the menu. I expect carnage!

Comment

Crickets so far but it sure is a pretty evening.

Comment

Hmm feeling it's going to happen at 5:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                    Hmm feeling it's going to happen at 5:12.

I like your style. I've got a black squirrel cutting acorns now. I sure wish I had William's fancy air rifle, I'd get that sucker mounted!

Comment

Rivers out again. Pushed a baby Panther up into my feed pen [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Every baby black panther I've ever seen was no further away than 20' from the mother. Camera must have barely missed her lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

I knew they were real!

You have really tall feeders BTW

Comment

No deer hunting for me today. But I did get my first kill with the recurve lol.

Comment

Good luck Steve and company. Blow some smoke already!

Comment

One of the smokers just torched off to the NW

Comment

Working...
                                X