No announcement yet.

Let's Try This Again: LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I'm all caught up again... Left early morning on the 26th headed to sweat out that big ol' axis buck... He was showing up regular until Christmas day... I sat morning and evening every stinkin' day and he was a no show... saw lots of megafawns, but not him. I did shoot his momma tho.. (or maybe his sister) First deer I've killed with a gun since 1995 and IT SURE FELT GOOD!!! I used my ARP custom 6.8 and she was DRT... Had 3 target whitetails and they all showed, but were broken up so I passed... Thursday morning it was so foggy, I couldn't see my feeder until 9:00 AM... bout 9:30 a nice basket rack mature 8 comes out and to make a long story short, he had been shot about an hour before (I heard a shot on the neighboring property). I didn't realize he'd been shot until he got too far out in the mesquite and I could not get a shot at him... bout 15-20 minutes after that, I hear voices... three folks came out of the brush obviously tracking the deer... I let them get within about 5 yards of my stand and I shouted: YALL HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE YOU ARE?!! The lead guy threw up his arms and literally screamed like a little girl! I scolded them pretty bad about trespassing, then gave them a ride to the boundary fence near the river... One was an older mesican guy, the other 2 were a mom and her pre-teen son... She was the shooter and felt awful about messing up my hunt plus losing her deer... I got her name/number and sure enough I found her deer the next morning... yotes had their way with him, but his head/cape were still OK. I caped him out and text'd her pics... turns out she lives very near one of our other members so he will take her the head/cape... Wasn't her fault the guy had gotten her involved in such a thing. He was an "outfitter" and had sold her a day hunt... She had no Idea where she was or what was going on... I didn't want the whole thing to leave a negative impact on her young son, so I waited until she was gone before hammering the scum bag that caused the whole thing... Had a fun week, and for the most part, was completely alone on 10,000 acres... Pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5043.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	24423716

Name:	IMG_5088.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	24423717

Name:	IMG_5069.jpg
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	24423714

Name:	IMG_5069.jpg
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	24423714
    Attached Files

Comment

Good luck Chew! You at Doug's place?

Joog, thank you for getting this thread going! It has been fun and sure some fine animals and stories all blended into one thread.

Comment

Down to the wire....

Sitting here in the recliner drinking coffee reflecting over this past season. The big boy has eluded me all season long and the grind has been tiresome....I just flat out love it. So many great memories made this past hunting season. I released 2 arrows. Both were successful quick kills and put meat in the freezer.

I second that....thanks for this thread Jooger. I don't have a lease to share with family n friends so this kinda felt like I shared a campfire with all of you this season. Good times man.

The good news, I get to play guide for 2 more weeks with Colton.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Good luck Chew! You at Doug's place?

Joog, thank you for getting this thread going! It has been fun and sure some fine animals and stories all blended into one thread.
          Sounds like you got some great axis meat for the freezer.

I'm back in the stand. This is my brother in law's place. Rain finally stopped last night. The old jeep has earned her keep with some of the holes we went through.

Just breaking daylight here. Very overcast.

Comment

Overcast here as well. Must be good for the duck hunters, deer are nervous over the shooting and it's a ways off. Rifle shooting sounds like the opener all over again

I drilled a pig friday night with the 300 blk. He was so close I had to stand up in the box. Wife missed one last runnin as he was trotting to the feeder.

Watched a broke off spike every sit. He was 8 inches on both sides. He's been 8 and 3 since bow season. I've taken the slack out of the trigger on him twice. He's at least 2.

Woods are muddy and everything thick stinks of pig.

Comment

I had 5 does come in at first light and they just wondered off. 2 of em were big ol knot heads and looked mighty tasty. Definitely going to have to put Colton on one of them with his DXT. All is quiet now.

Comment

Toddler gets a pass

Comment

Let's Try This Again: LIVE!!!

My neighbor has been hunting hard all year. We got some really good deer around the house, but we both have other places to hunt so it's always on the back burner. I'll be adding in food plots, protein and corn feeders to my house now. Theres a stud freak horn deer still in there every night that we can't wait to see next year.This was the 3rd time He had seen this buck and finally got a shot. My dog trailed right to him. I'll score him today, will be in the 130's even with a busted brow
                  Last edited by Tshelly; 01-03-2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Good luck this morning brothers. I think we need to have us a get together soon. I worked a couple of 18 hour shifts this week and was pretty drug down from it. Every morning when I got home I been corning and have had a bachelor group of 8-12 bucks coming in. 2 are 4.5 year old 10 points I was going to put my wife on one of them and we watched them for 30 minutes at 35 yards and decided to give them a pass for next year. When I put corn out yesterday I decided to grab the card out of my trail camera and wouldn't you know I didn't have a single pic of either of them. Batteries were dead. Last night I christened the new 260 my wife bought me with a little pig. Corned this morning and had 7 bucks show up but only 1 of the ten points came in.

Comment

All the deer left by 8 so I stuck the fox pro out. Didn't run 5 minutes and a bobcat came in. Pretty cool watching him stalk thru the woods twitching his tail. Momma said I couldn't shoot anymore so he got a pass.

Crappy running cell pic

Comment

Yea, I would definitely give them woods around your house a closer look Tshelly! Congrats to your bud...that's a good one.

Well that's a rap on my season. I'm fixing to get out of the stand and head to the house to get Colton stirred up for his Texas A&M clinic. Sun is finally out. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

Comment

Congrats to all of you that filled a tag. I shot one time this season and still have all my tags but it's all good, I got to spend time with my son and he got his first deer. All in all a good season. Time to get geared up for these Sam Rayburn largemouths!

Comment

I got invited to hunt at a buddy's place this evening, so I'll be headed that way shortly. Last hunt of the season for me, but I can't complain. Got a buck and 2 does with my bow and another doe with a rifle and had some great hunts with friends and family so I'm happy.

Comment

My buddy William is heading this way tonight. I met him in Chandler yesterday and we caught a few crappie for the freezer. He borrowed a smoke cannon and will be camped out at the Phillips Crib for a couple of days.

I've gotta watch the chillren in the morning but he'll be in the woods. Operation Kill That Blowing ***** will take place tomorrow evening providing the wind does what it's supposed to. We're both going to try and finish our tags off with the Muzzle Loaders!

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                                Congrats to all of you that filled a tag. I shot one time this season and still have all my tags but it's all good, I got to spend time with my son and he got his first deer. All in all a good season. Time to get geared up for these Sam Rayburn largemouths!
                                They are already biting and waiting. My brother put a whacking on them last weekend heading into the big front. Caught around 200-250 just fishing a couple of main lake points. The later the day got the bigger the fish got. At one point he was catching 4-5 pounders every cast.

Comment

Working...
                                X