No announcement yet.

Let's Try This Again: LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a great morning with plenty of movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Passed tall 8 today. He is about 125-130 8 with broke brows. I decided last week to go after him after passing with a gun. He showed up today... But the two days prior I finally laid eyes on OLd man River for first time in 3 years hunting. Twice in two days. Cat and mouse big time.
      Its 8:45, you should have an arrow in him by now!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Looking forward to your hunt out west.

We had lots of deer moving late yesterday evening in Houston County but none of our regular "up & comers" showed. Sure hope the Thanksgiving crowd didn't take out all of them....
        Wasn't us, nary a shot fired other than a pounchy doe. It was quiet on friday for Thanksgiving weekend. I had to leave Saturday morning. I haven't seen a mature buck since opening rifle or so.

Pop apparently saw two decent bucks the past Friday morning. To be honest I'm a little concerned about the numbers of deer we've been seeing. Highest count has been 7 or 8 this year with most sits being 3 or 4. Not long ago I'd see a dozen and as much as 20 under the feeder at one time

Comment

We're in doe patrol

Comment

Cat and mouse again. He was at a feeder 200 yards from me this morning. For an HOUR!!! Trying to get my covert to work but even with long range antenna I'm not having luck. I'll be back after him in the morning. Not sure if I'll hold or make a move

Comment

No Bueno on the doe patrol. Deer were laid up mid morning. We'll be back here in a little bit.

Comment

Cat and mouse again. He was at a feeder 200 yards from me this morning. For an HOUR!!! Trying to get my covert to work but even with long range antenna I'm not having luck. I'll be back after him in the morning. Not sure if I'll hold or make a move
                Shut down one of the feeders to try to make him show up at the other one?

Comment

I could do this. They are close. This only about a 90 acre place so I try to maximize it by adding food everywhere along it. Acess into the stand is tougher is reason I havnt been hunting that feeder. Coincidentally it's the stand I fell from before season and for whatever reason I have planned on hunting it about 10 times now and still haven't made a sit there. Whether it be the wrong wind when I pull up, gut feeling or i see deer elsewhere. I'm going to try covert on this back feeder and then possibly shut it down for a week. I'm going in extra early tmo and getting in the back stand. The wind is too perfect to not try it. It's been a while since I had a SW

Comment

I could do this. They are close. This only about a 90 acre place so I try to maximize it by adding food everywhere along it. Acess into the stand is tougher is reason I havnt been hunting that feeder. Coincidentally it's the stand I fell from before season and for whatever reason I have planned on hunting it about 10 times now and still haven't made a sit there. Whether it be the wrong wind when I pull up, gut feeling or i see deer elsewhere. I'm going to try covert on this back feeder and then possibly shut it down for a week. I'm going in extra early tmo and getting in the back stand. The wind is too perfect to not try it. It's been a while since I had a SW

You're getting close. It's gonna happen soon.

Comment

This thread has some good huntin going on right now.

Comment

Tony did you by chance go to Sam Houston State? Long story short I saw your profile on Facebook and noticed we have a mutual friend (K. Tomczak). I know it's small world but I'm curious how we both happen to know him.

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

These deer out this way are pretty clever

This was a little 9pt under the feeder when Bobby came to pick me up.

Comment

that's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Tony did you by chance go to Sam Houston State? Long story short I saw your profile on Facebook and noticed we have a mutual friend (K. Tomczak). I know it's small world but I'm curious how we both happen to know him.

Yessir. I'm good friends with Kevin. Talk to him regularly each week about deer hunting lol. We hunt near each other on some properties. I went to the same Highschool with Kevin but he was a good bit older than me.

Comment

Man, I just checked my card on my Covert after I pulled it out of our place in Madison County. I was shocked to see how many pics did NOT go to my phone...like over half?!?! I saw a good amount of bucks on the card that were not sent to me. Nothing worth shooting but didn't know I was missing that much.

We went up yesterday and pulled all of our stands down, boat etc etc. Time to move on to somewhere else. Looks like I will eat all buck tags this year again but the chase has been worth it and wouldn't change a thing. I'm still going to hunt big boy out back but that sucker is extremely smart and very sporadic.

Alright Jooger, let's see some blood this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X