Let's Try This Again: LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
    Was I patient enough though! I'm scared next time I look out back Mr. Big will be standing there. That's the 5th different 9 point I have seen this season. One is 4.5 and 130" but barely 13" if he makes it he may be a stud next year.
    Well I knew it would bite me in the but, every night I take the inside dog out around 9:30 or so. The hogs have been so bad around here I always step out on the porch and give a look around before taking the dog out and tonight the buck I have been so fascinated with is standing 40 yards from the house eating hand corn I tossed out to keep the does around. Solid 5.5-6.5 year old 8 point with a broken G3 about 18" wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
      Well I knew it would bite me in the but, every night I take the inside dog out around 9:30 or so. The hogs have been so bad around here I always step out on the porch and give a look around before taking the dog out and tonight the buck I have been so fascinated with is standing 40 yards from the house eating hand corn I tossed out to keep the does around. Solid 5.5-6.5 year old 8 point with a broken G3 about 18" wide.

Shoot him next year when he's not broken.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        That's a warning before the 35 zone. They're pretty cautious in Centerville, America. If you was to hit one of those kids the school would lose 43% of their census budget.
        LMAO!! They'd have to consolidate with Apple Springs......where the staggered speed to slow you down should just all be on the same sign.

Comment

I'm a grown *** man, I don't "toot".
          I was going to put "fart", but I figured the filter would **** it out lol!

And words of wisdom, everyone "toots" according to my wife and 3yr old daughter lol!! I am surrounded by estrogen.....

Comment

I wasn't planning on hunting this morning but woke up at 3:45 and was wide awake. Said the heck with it...got up, made coffee, got my hand thrown corn bag ready and now waiting on a good cramp. Feels great outside. Nice crisp north wind and that heavy overcast is starting to thin out. Should be a good morning. I don't expect to see a shooter buck but just can't throw in the towel just yet.

Brent, on the Covert...I know for a fact that mine doesn't get every picture...not even close actually. I pulled up in front of mine with my truck, filled my feeder and left. Not one pic sent to my phone. lol Colton says they are junk and not worth the money. I won't be getting another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              I wasn't planning on hunting this morning but woke up at 3:45 and was wide awake. Said the heck with it...got up, made coffee, got my hand thrown corn bag ready and now waiting on a good cramp. Feels great outside. Nice crisp north wind and that heavy overcast is starting to thin out. Should be a good morning. I don't expect to see a shooter buck but just can't throw in the towel just yet.

Brent, on the Covert...I know for a fact that mine doesn't get every picture...not even close actually. I pulled up in front of mine with my truck, filled my feeder and left. Not one pic sent to my phone. lol Colton says they are junk and not worth the money. I won't be getting another one.

Johnny same on mine from time to time. It might not send me that picture but you can guarantee that picture will be on the SIM card. Sometimes they just don't always send out. I would say they are about 80-90% on pictures they'll send out. Not sure why but mine does the same thing.

Comment

Shoot him next year when he's not broken.
                I hope he hangs around and doesn't get shot by neighbors. Never seen him this year until the big flood, have seen him everyday since the flood on the other side of neighbors pasture 400-600 yards away. No trail cam pics or sightings of him on my side of field so was just kinda shocked. Looking at his frame he may actually be a deer I had on cam last year that was a main frame 8 with a 3rd beam about 6" long.

Comment

I've got 13 does n yearlings in and out tearing up corn. Gotta be some antler around here somewhere.

Comment

Good luck yall I'm headed out for a doe hunt at Fairfield Lake State Park. Will see how that goes...

Comment

Good luck!! I won't get to hunt again until Saturday evening but I have a 3 day weekend after that. Weather is looking good too.

Comment

Johnny, them horns aint good for nothing,,, but to stir the stew.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                          Johnny same on mine from time to time. It might not send me that picture but you can guarantee that picture will be on the SIM card. Sometimes they just don't always send out. I would say they are about 80-90% on pictures they'll send out. Not sure why but mine does the same thing.

You have to think about what that camera is really trying to do. A cell phone is a device that creates, sends, and receives information via text sound and multimedia. A camera is supposed to just record information but now it's doing all the same as a phone. Think about how your phone works. There's several times when you had signal and couldn't get a call out or a picture to send right? That's the carrier not the camera. If the camera takes the pictures but doesn't send them it a carrier issue.

Good luck everyone hunting. Steph has a Dr. Appt and me and baby girl are watching cartoons. I'll be after'm again this evening.

Comment

You have to think about what that camera is really trying to do. A cell phone is a device that creates, sends, and receives information via text sound and multimedia. A camera is supposed to just record information but now it's doing all the same as a phone. Think about how your phone works. There's several times when you had signal and couldn't get a call out or a picture to send right? That's the carrier not the camera. If the camera takes the pictures but doesn't send them it a carrier issue.

Good luck everyone hunting. Steph has a Dr. Appt and me and baby girl are watching cartoons. I'll be after'm again this evening.

Yea exactly. Lots of times I don't have service and can't send stuff. Same thing with camera. I love it. It's not full proof but dang sure helps. Moving mine to the river today

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                              Yea exactly. Lots of times I don't have service and can't send stuff. Same thing with camera. I love it. It's not full proof but dang sure helps. Moving mine to the river today
                              I'd like to invest in one myself. Looking at the pictures from my camera now my target buck at the lease has a habit of showing up at my feeder between 5 - 6 a.m. I usually get in the stand around 5:30 a.m. and I've never seen him (he's there when I'm not, naturally) so I can't help but wonder if I've bumped him a time or two. It'd be nice to know if he's there so I can wait to go in if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                I'd like to invest in one myself. Looking at the pictures from my camera now my target buck at the lease has a habit of showing up at my feeder between 5 - 6 a.m. I usually get in the stand around 5:30 a.m. and I've never seen him (he's there when I'm not, naturally) so I can't help but wonder if I've bumped him a time or two. It'd be nice to know if he's there so I can wait to go in if necessary.

Yup this is huge asset in my opinion where the camera lets you know to hold up and back out in certain situations. I havnt really zeroed in on a buck this year but if I had one in particular I'm after I know this cam will help me get him more efficiently

Comment

Working...
                                X