No announcement yet.

Let's Try This Again: LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather just broke. As soon as Colton and Tyler got in stand, they had 2 shooter does come in but ran off before they could get on one.

Comment

Way to go Colton!! Sure hope Tyler gets one with his crossbow! Johnny, my congratulations to you sir. You have a fine son and thank you sir for sharing his life with us here on the Green Screen. That young man has grown up right here before our eyes and is growing into a fine young man! No greater gift from the Lord to a man than a son. God bless this young man and you too sir!

Comment

Thanks Charlie...I raised this boy to be an HONEST fella. I can tell I did a mighty fine job of that and I expect people to treat him in the same manner. The good thing about Colton is that he can see through people just a hair better than I can. Once you earn his trust, you have the most trustworthy friend for life.

All is quiet at the stand right now. Hopefully things should be picking up soon. I got another cooler that needs to be filled!

Comment

They have a good 10 pt, and 2 shooter 8's just out of bow range. Hopefully they let this 10 slide (seen him a few times) but it is their call if they come in.

Comment

WOW! This hunt may get exciting!

Comment

Hopefully on another bloodtrail. Congrats to Colton. Hope I get to make it to the get together and meet you all.

Comment

No dice! They passed on 2 mature does as I was texting what I was seeing heading towards them from the hill. They saw them but never got within bow range as the does wondered off. I got a good feeling that Tyler will have success in the morning. I know a lot of us LOVE to see bone hitting the ground but I believe (per trail cam pics and past hunts) that doe control is a must!

To be continued come morning. 2 more hunts to go.

Comment

Got the coffee on and fixing to go stir the boys up. The air has got a good little bite to it this morning. 2 more hunts to go and we can put this one in the books.

Comment

Not sure how your weather is but it's great deer weather. 32 in the hill country not a breath if wind. Kinda wish I was huntin today. Junior fly fishes without me today. I'll have to give a go solo

Good yall are still keeping the thread up!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Not sure how your weather is but it's great deer weather. 32 in the hill country not a breath if wind. Kinda wish I was huntin today. Junior fly fishes without me today. I'll have to give a go solo

Good yall are still keeping the thread up!
                      32 on the nose when I dropped the boys off. The Covert is quiet where they are at. They scared off a big boar that was feeding on corn while walking in. From past hunts this season, the deer seem to wait for it to warm up just a little before getting on their feet good.

Just got a text while typing. 18" eight point we call short brow coming in. Great young buck that is not on the hit list. He was with those bucks from yesterday's hunt.
                      Last edited by Johnny; 01-17-2016, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Makes sense. When we turned toward the river there was roughly 25 or 30 does layed up under a pecan tree. They did not appreciate a quick high beam to scan for horns

Comment

Good luck on the fishing!

Comment

Momma "off limits" doe is out with her 2 yearlings. Stud young 8 is hanging back about 40 yards out.

Comment

I'm sitting here on the hill doing a little glassing. The boys aren't seeing anything at the moment. They are going to sit till 9:30 then back to the house for tenderloins/backstraps, potatoes and eggs. They will be back at it this afternoon.

Comment

One more sit Colton. You gotta put Tyler on one but we know you got this!
                                Good luck this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X