Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5th Grade QB..... Coming on really Nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
    Great Stuff ...Just make sure he has all the protection (Rib-Protector) and padding as he progresses..My son is/was a pretty good 9th grade MLB until they started using him as a Battering ram he is 6 190 at 15 they had him blitzing 2 of every 4 plays..He just got out of a 5-day Hospital stay/Surgery from Compound Fractures to his right lower leg (Both Bones Snapped out) 2nd broken leg in 2 years ..He HAD some Potential (HS Coaches already pushing for Varsity Starter) , as a Dad my decision would be for him to retire from football (he is a Catcher as well in HS),but its going to be his decision.....
    ENJOY these times it all changes in JR/High School
    Very sorry to hear about your son! Prayers for a speedy and full recovery! The game definitely has it's risk's and dangers.

Comment

The boy can sling the football!

Comment

Originally posted by nTxKilla View Post
        The boy can sling the football!

Thanks!

Comment

Dang they look better than my sons 9th grade team!!! Wish our receivers would finish running their routes like that!! Kid looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by TMEC View Post
            He is very talented. His foot work and ability to stand in there and make his passes is very impressive.
            This is what I was thinking.

He has a great foundation to build on moving forward. I bet we will be hearing about him at the college level in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              Dang they look better than my sons 9th grade team!!! Wish our receivers would finish running their routes like that!! Kid looks good!
              Catching the ball has always been challenging but we've worked hard at it. 7 on 7 has helped and the boys have really done a good job at getting better with their routes and finishing.

Comment

I am very impressed! Cant imagine how proud you must be. Keep up the good work, and Ill be looking forward to watching him on Saturdays!

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
                  This is what I was thinking.

He has a great foundation to build on moving forward. I bet we will be hearing about him at the college level in the future.
                  Thanks! We shall see but such a small percentage make it....

Comment

Looked like a mini colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley in those first couple of plays.

Comment

Those receivers sure make him look good, huh! LOL! Seriously he shows great composure under pressure and has a great arm. Love those long passes right on the mark. I can see why you are proud of him. Those were good times. Hopefully those receivers follow him up into the same HS team. They will be a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                        Thanks! We shall see but such a small percentage make it....
                        It's not all about Texas and Texas A&M ...

Pretty sure my Brothers' Highschool team could have beaten his D3 College team. No disrespect to his team, and it's a blast to watch still.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          I am very impressed! Cant imagine how proud you must be. Keep up the good work, and Ill be looking forward to watching him on Saturdays!
                          Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                            Looked like a mini colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley in those first couple of plays.
                            years of playing together helps them get there!

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                              Those receivers sure make him look good, huh! LOL! Seriously he shows great composure under pressure and has a great arm. Love those long passes right on the mark. I can see why you are proud of him. Those were good times. Hopefully those receivers follow him up into the same HS team. They will be a force to be reckoned with.
                              ha ha ... Yes that is the plan. They will be a year ahead of him but That's been our intent the whole time. The majority of our boys feed in to the same school for the most part.

Comment

fun to watch...

FUNDEMENTALS, keep him working on foot work, especially when he has is rolling. He has to plant stay tall and deliver the ball, for a 6th grader I'm very impressed. Also like that he runs with his eyes up... and like somebody said learning to read the D, most of us cant lol.

Also don't let him get TOO bulky... high school coaches try and put weight on a lot of guys. I'm a big fan of letting them grow into themselves before weight room becomes major part of the system.

Now that you've posted, we are all gona bug you from now on about how he is doing lol

Comment

Working...
                                X