No announcement yet.

best new mathews bow????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been shooting the Z7extreme for the last five seasons now and have loved it since day one. This summer I had my buddy C Smith get some new strings and ordered the MBG ascent three pin sight and I feel like I have the ultimate setup now. It's not the fastest bow by any means but I'm the opposite of most, I love the wood grip and Cadillac feel of the bow and wouldn't trade the comfortability for anything. Different strokes for different folks applies very heavily to diesel truck fanatics and bows haha.

Comment

Z7 and DXT for me. I have had several others since I bought these but none I like as well or have kept other than the Safari which I consider a niche bow. I look every year, haven't bought a new one in a couple years but will when I shoot one I like.

Comment

Is the z2 based off the z7?

Comment

Love my Creed. Haven't found anything from another brand that's made me want to put it down... Yet!! ��

Comment

Still rocking my XT from 07 or 08 and its still smooth and fast enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by JW21 View Post
              Love my Creed. Haven't found anything from another brand that's made me want to put it down... Yet!! ��
              X2...switched from PSE to Mathews 3 years ago and love my Creed. Not the fastest on earth, but love the feel and accuracy.

Comment

Z7X for me I have yet to shoot the htr, interested to see what they put out this year...I want to get a new one but I will never sell me z7x

Comment

I love the DXT. I sold mine and got the Helim and I regret it all the time. Luckily my best friend bought my DXT and he got drafted by the royals 2 years ago. So I may get lucky and get it back one day

Comment

I love my Chill R

Light weight and fast!

Comment

I love my Helim.........after I shot my sons I was hooked......

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        They haven't had a "best bow" since the Switchback. Doubt they ever will.
                        Drenalin was the best bow they ever made IMO.

Comment

Although I've never owned one the original Z7 was/is a great platform. Prior to that I think you have to go back to the Switchback (which I still shoot) for a clear cut favorite. I liked the Wake a lot too, big time speed.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                            I've owned every Mathews solo am since the dxt.

No question for me the best were the

1. Z7
                            2. Heli-m
                            3. Dxt

Worst
                            1. Creed xs
                            2. Creed
                            3. Htr

Both creeds were not great shooters for me.

The htr I like the draw cycle but the performance of the bow is marginal compared to others. I still like it and it's been a killer but not my favorite in their last 9 bows.

I recently went to a heavier spined arrow and cut my draw length by .5 inch and my groups have tightened back up by a bunch.
                            With slight modification I could not agree more, and why I am still shooting the Z7 I bought in 2010. Only change I'd make to your list would be to place the Chill X above the Heli-M.

Comment

Working...
                            X