No announcement yet.

best new mathews bow????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my z7... Don't see why you need to keep buying bows.. The ibo doesn't really get much faster

Comment

I've owned every Mathews solo am since the dxt.

No question for me the best were the

1. Z7
      2. Heli-m
      3. Dxt

Worst
      1. Creed xs
      2. Creed
      3. Htr

Both creeds were not great shooters for me.

The htr I like the draw cycle but the performance of the bow is marginal compared to others. I still like it and it's been a killer but not my favorite in their last 9 bows.

I recently went to a heavier spined arrow and cut my draw length by .5 inch and my groups have tightened back up by a bunch.
      Last edited by txdukklr; 10-15-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        They haven't had a "best bow" since the Switchback. Doubt they ever will.
        X2. Still shooting mine and cant find a reason to replace it. Sweet shooter for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7EXTREMIST View Post
          Z7 Extreme and love it. Shot the No Cam a few months back and I was very impressed. But has a hellacious sticker shock. Owned a Switchback and sold it.

The HTR isnt bad ad far as price goes. $950 at C&S in Conroe. I did shoot it and was impressed with the forgiveness. But i settled for a bow that just felt right for me and was cheaper. I bought the Z2.

It weighs the same as my old Bear Method i had, so weight didnt bother me. However, it is a straight shooter for sure.
          Love my Z2

Comment

Comment

I love my DXT-never thought I would buy another bow after the Legacy. The Legacy was the smoothest shooting bows I had ever handled. I robin hooded the 1st two arrows I shot with it, no sights, just trying to get a feel for the bow. Then I shot the DXT and how they were able to make it smoother than the Legacy I will never know. I don't have a lease any more, so the little time I do get to go hunting the DXT serves me just fine. I cannot see spending what they want for the new bows, especially since the DXT was rigged with top of the line sights, rest, etc and I was still out the door cheaper than the msrp of the new ones.

Comment

I've got a DXT that's been great and just picked up a Monster MR6 from a fellow TBH'er that is awesome.

Comment

I have a Z7 Extreme, but if I were in the market would have to look at the No Cam.

Comment

Still shooting my switch back 2

Comment

In 2003 I bought a new LX. This year I handed it on to my son and bought a new NoCam HTR. Wow is that bow a sweet shooter. Not only is it very easy to shoot, it is very accurate (for me at least). I am very happy with my new bow.

Comment

I had a Helim and loved it. Traded it for a hoyt, I wanna get a Z7 extreme.

Comment

My shoulder loves my HTR. Easy to shoot, and it kills quite well. Quite well.

Comment

The Z7 Extreme is my favorite followed by the Z7. I ve had a Safari, Triumph, Monster 7, LX, Switchback. Its the extreme for me the rest of my bow hunting days.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                              DXT is a killer. Bought mine in 08 and have not had a justified reason to get a new bow since.
                              I approve of this message

<====== 2008 DXT in avatar, bought it new

Comment

I have the reezen 7.0, and love it! probably gonna buy a no cam or maybe one of the new ones there coming out with depending on how they shoot next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X