No announcement yet.

Tacoma 4x4 or chevy 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big real difference is the towing capability. The rest is manageable IMO. If you wanna tow something full size then get a full size. I can't imagine red lining and getting tossed around by high winds pulling a pop up travel trailer. Lol

Comment

I have a 2015 Toyota tacoma, it is the one in my profile picture. I really like it but the 2016 look awesome too.

Comment

My 2007 Tacoma was a great ranch truck. But I wouldn't own another. Too small.

Comment

Im a 5'11" and 280lb and I have a lot of room in my tacoma it may not be all the room that a full size truck has but I haven't ran into a situation that I would need more room than I have.

Comment

Won't buy another GM the one I just traded in had lifters replaced, upper A frame broke, several sensors replaced, injectors replaced I'd go Toyota. Two bad Z71's in a row is enough

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Life is too short to drive a small pickup.
              Couldn't have said it better

Comment

American all the way. Unless you're looking for reliability

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                  Couldn't have said it better
                  Some people measure folks by the size of their truck. Takes all kinds.

American all the way. Unless you're looking for reliability
                  LOL.

Comment

What benefit does owning a mid size truck have over a full size?

Besides the parking lot argument

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                      I'd take a Tacoma over that Chevy any day. The 4 door tacos aren't that bad. My dad has one and it had about just as much room as my old Chevy extended cab had. I've got a tundra crew max now
                      I have a Crew Max aslo love the room you can get lost in it

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Anything but a GM product
                        True. The 2016 Tacomas look great and have some cool stuff on them. My '07 runs like a top with 120k on her

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                          What benefit does owning a mid size truck have over a full size?

Besides the parking lot argument
                          Parking lots - backing up - turning around, etc. It's not a "small" thing (pardon the pun).

Usually, but not always, the fuel economy is better. I get 23-25 mpg in our Taco. Always at least 23 though. I know a lot of full sized trucks that advertise >20 but have never seen one deliver. I had a 1/2-ton short bed Silverado 4x4 at work for years, and it never got anywhere close to the advertised mpg. More like 14-15 tops.

And when you're talking about a Tacoma, it's a lot more than just the size. Those are the most reliable trucks on the road, period. Anyone who's owned one will tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by bucknuts View Post
                            Cmon tacoma guys, Tell me i need one! I'm not feeling it ,lol.
                            Get a Tacoma! They are a little small but will run until you get tired of driving them lol. Great trucks I think!

Comment

Originally posted by texashelms View Post
                              Tacoma is a great small truck, will pull anything but gas mileage is poor 14-19mpg. I switched to a Tundra because I needed more stopping power when pulling.
                              I get 20 MPG in mine and that's with a lift and after market tires. Factory Tacomas should get closer to 22 MPG.

Comment

Taco all the way I love mine... Get a long bed though.... My long bed is just as long as a 4 door Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X