No announcement yet.

Tacoma 4x4 or chevy 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2000 Tundra 4x4 has 310K and still going strong. If you can get the 4.7 V8 do that!

Comment

Might want to hold out for the Nissan Xd or there new diesel.

Comment

Not a real question CHEVY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tacoma is a great small truck, will pull anything but gas mileage is poor 14-19mpg. I switched to a Tundra because I needed more stopping power when pulling.

Comment

I'd pick anything but a Tundra even though I'm the only Tundra owner on the planet who'll tell you that. I've had every 1/2 ton there is (Ford and Dodge personal and Chevy company) and the Tundra is bottom of the barrel on my list. I've had my 2012 Tundra 4x4 for a few years now and I have to say I'd pick Dodge/Ford over it any day for comfort and reliability and my Chevy work truck isn't bad either although down on power compared to the other three 1/2 tons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy_S View Post
              I'd pick anything but a Tundra even though I'm the only Tundra owner on the planet who'll tell you that. I've had every 1/2 ton there is (Ford and Dodge personal and Chevy company) and the Tundra is bottom of the barrel on my list. I've had my 2012 Tundra 4x4 for a few years now and I have to say I'd pick Dodge/Ford over it any day for comfort and reliability and my Chevy work truck isn't bad either although down on power compared to the other three 1/2 tons.
              Yeah I'd have to say, your the only person I've ever heard say that. Especially the reliability comment.

Comment

My first Taco was a 2001 4 door Prerunner. I put 264,000 miles on it before someone hit me and totaled it. Many of those miles were on rough back roads. Some were even on tank trails on the back 40 of Ft. Stewart, GA. My current is a 4 door 2008 TRD sport with 116,000 miles on it, and it still drives like it's brand new. After I drive this one into the ground, I'll be getting a larger Toyota, as I now have two children.

That should tell you where my vote lies.

Comment

Tacoma if you don't mind the smaller size. They designed them roomy in side doesn't even feel like a mid size truck. Plus if you don't like it you can actually sell it with out losing much

Comment

I have a 2005 Tacoma (original owner) and a 2012 Tundra crewmax. Go with the larger truck (whatever make) for the comfort and gas mileage imo. No issues with the reliability on the Tacoma but to me it's not worth the trade offs.

Comment

I was recently in the exact boat as you (even have a thread like yours up on here) and went with the Chevy. Just couldn't do the small truck for how much they want for them. It only cost me little more to go from a Tacoma limited to a LTZ 4x4 decked out. They're making deals on the 15 Chevys right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Life is too short to drive a small pickup.
                        LOL.

Shane, I can't even imagine you in a small truck.

If you just want the bigger truck, then get it. If you can justify it, then get it. However, how many Tacoma owners have you ever met that wished they had bought something else? I don't know any. My wife has an '05 Tacoma, and my buddy that I went elk hunting with this year has one as well. At one point, we were driving back from Colorado in a literal caravan of Tacomas six deep. They were all over those mountains.

You won't regret the Tacoma, but don't expect to get a "deal" as they don't need to give them away.
                        Last edited by Limbwalker; 10-06-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I have full size Chevy... This picture is with a new Honda foreman atv... It wouldn't fit In a small truck. I like the Colorado and Tacoma but the sacrifice in bed width should prevent me from getting them... I wish I had a 3/4 just for a longer bed

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                            Wrong.

I'm 6'4 and 200+ and that's almost all I've driven since the 80's.

Guys that say they "need" full sized trucks rarely do.

Answer: How many Tacoma owners have you ever met that wished they had bought something else? I don't know any. My wife has an '05 Tacoma, and my buddy that I went elk hunting with this year has one as well.

You won't regret the Tacoma.
                            Gotta agree here, a buddy has an ext ranger and his wife has a 4d Tacoma. He cant comfortably drive/ride in both and hes about 6'3".

IMO the chevy for less money argument is out the window. They just don't hold value like the taco. Im in a funny spot on the issue in that the wife just bought a 15' 4x4 high country with the 6.2 so theres something in the driveway to tow stuff. With a take home ride I don't really need two full size vehicles and it'd be nice to not have to park a full size when we travel to places requiring parking garages etc.

Comment

Like I said, if you have legit towing needs, then a Taco isn't the way to go. It's hard to understand why people love their Tacos until you own one for a while. Like 15 years. LOL. They are just so incredibly reliable and easy to own. And I agree on parking. Full sized trucks were made for the open road and the ranch. Not for town. Heck, I bet if you took a 60's Ford and a '15 Tacoma, they would be nearly the same size.

Comment

Taco hands down

Comment

Working...
                                X