No announcement yet.

How many years have you bow hunted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still learning to shoot the bow.... Hopefully soon...
    I don't feel comfortable yet with my placement and do not want to go until I am confident in my shots and skills..

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE !!!

Comment

26 years I believe

Comment

I've been hunting all of my life, and this will be my 4th season bow hunting. I haven't had the privilege of taking anything with my bow yet, but I'm hoping that changes this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew51 View Post
          I've been hunting all of my life, and this will be my 4th season bow hunting. I haven't had the privilege of taking anything with my bow yet, but I'm hoping that changes this season!
          Best of luck

Comment

Dabbled in it a little as a teenager, then gave it up altogether for several years. But this will be my 4th season I've been really serious about it since I picked it back up. I can't say I'm bow only. I bow hunt a lot and love it but I still rifle hunt quite a bit too.

Comment

40 years and counting

Comment

Since 1971.

Comment

1972 Blackwidow TF recurve 45lb @ 28", Easton XX-75 arrows and a tab release

Hunted rabbits in 1969 with a Shakespeare fiberglass longbow

1974 first compound bow

1999 finally left instinctive shooting and adopted fiber pins with modern bowsites

A long time I suppose......

Comment

My parents gave me a longbow for Christmas when I was 12, I'll be 69 in November so that was about 57 years ago. We didn't have any deer in that part of the state so I hunted small game. In September1970, the dep't store I was working in got in some bows, one of them was a Kodiak Magnum, 50lb @28. (I still have both of those bows.) Shortly thereafter I got transferred again, back to an area with no deer, so I kept hunting small game. In '79 I got hooked up with a buddy that hunted with a compound so I bought a Bear Polar Ltd compound. I took a doe that fall and have been hooked ever since. In '94 I went back to trad tackle.
                    Last edited by Phillip Fields; 10-02-2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Started in 1981 with a 45# Groves recurve.

Comment

Originally posted by DEG View Post
                        Saturday will be my first time hunting with a bow.
                        Congrats!!! and Good luck

Comment

I gave it up all together, this year would have been 50 years.

Comment

Starting 3rd year here

Comment

18 years.....

Comment

Killed my first rabbit @ age of 9, my first deer was at 13 with a Bear Bow, a Bear a cedar arrows with feather fletchings, and Bear Broad heads. 42 years of deer hunting. I told people for years deer made sounds and vocalizations and they said I was crazy and spent way too much time in the woods in a tree alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X