No announcement yet.

Quiet deer feeder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you for a fact it's not just a E. Texas thing. I hunt several places around Victoria and every year I see a few bucks and some big boars that will not go to a feeder. I run 17 feeders year round and have game camera's on every one and also run several game camera's on trails and every year I have pics of bucks and big boars that I will get pics of on trails that never show up to a feeder. I can guarantee every deer that comes on our property can hear a feeder go off no matter where he is on the property unless he is deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      No problem
      How's she working?

Comment

The louder the better.

The only good thing I see is it drops the corn straight down keeping all of it inside my feeder pen. This could help keep the cows and ground maggots away since there is nothing there for them to eat outisde the pens.

Comment

If I had one, I would sleep through the hunt. My feeder is my alarm clock due to the evening festivities that go late into the night sometimes. And I am usually in my stand around 1 hour before it starts cracking dawn. Feeder goes off 15 minutes before sunrise so that the deer's eyes have not completely adjusted and they can come in and start eating in 1/2 dark while I get fully awake and judge them. By shooting light, I will already know if it is a day of shooting or a day of spectating.

I could see several applications it could be used for though.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            I can tell you for a fact it's not just a E. Texas thing. I hunt several places around Victoria and every year I see a few bucks and some big boars that will not go to a feeder. I run 17 feeders year round and have game camera's on every one and also run several game camera's on trails and every year I have pics of bucks and big boars that I will get pics of on trails that never show up to a feeder. I can guarantee every deer that comes on our property can hear a feeder go off no matter where he is on the property unless he is deaf.
            I have had the same experiences but not as many feeders

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              How's she working?
              Perfect!!! I highly recommend it for people that's Deer don't come to a normal feeder or the ones that use them for an alarm clock. Cause you will not hear it mines jacked up about 25' in the air. The 12v I put on it months ago is at 99% too

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                The louder the better.

The only good thing I see is it drops the corn straight down keeping all of it inside my feeder pen. This could help keep the cows and ground maggots away since there is nothing there for them to eat outisde the pens.
                We hunt two different types of deer then the quieter the better here

Comment

Now if only someone would make a timer that is able to be set to certain days. I'd love to have this setup, and a timer that would be able to set for Tuesday and Friday-Sunday. I'm kinda agreeing with D. E. Smith...seems like my hogs would find it and camp out just like they do at the spin feeder

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    Perfect!!! I highly recommend it for people that's Deer don't come to a normal feeder or the ones that use them for an alarm clock. Cause you will not hear it mines jacked up about 25' in the air. The 12v I put on it months ago is at 99% too
                    Man, I would have bet money it was going to be a gas hog.
                    I thought about a DIY feeder like this one but more than likely I will probably just break down and get one of these.

Comment

Guess that's what I get for slacking.... I've had this idea in my head for years!

Comment

Last edited by brianlg31; 10-28-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Moultrie Quiet Feeder

Anybody use one of these? I've got one, but haven't used it yet.

I got this when I want a "hand corning situation" and don't want to spook the deer.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                            In my area mature bucks don't come to feeders and shy away from them. So if you can get something quite and put it high up in a tree, it's just like hand corning as far as they're concerned.
                            They shy away from "the feeder" itself....not the noise. the thing still makes noise and piles it up....?? I don't get it, but I don't use feeders....so to each his own.

Comment

I figured public land was the reason but feeder shy deer makes sense too. Good solution for either.

Comment

This would be a great solution to set over a hog trap.

Comment

Working...
                                X