No announcement yet.

Quiet deer feeder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my setup I had to call the owner on SUNDAY because solenoid wasn't engaging... He walked me through it and I found out I had the wires on backwards! Customer service is second to none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
      Actually I think his idea was..."If I buy two cattle panels and cut it in half then I'm only out the price of two cattle panels instead of many."

No really I think he was in a rush to get something up the one weekend he was there before deer season. His feeder was a 55 gallon drum with a hole punched in one side. I think I had talked to him the day before we met up there that weekend and told him that his feeder had fallen over. I think he just had two panels and some rebar laying around the house and thats what it got him built.

I think he put it up that weekend with the intentions of installing more later, but never did. Now he lives in Colorado and I have the whole place to my self and my dad and he keeps inviting me to go hunt elk with him (wish I had the money)

Here is a picture of what it use to be like. Also a picture of a deer in it with the old feeder and a deer with the quiet feeder. (above the deer, not in picture)
      I guess he's idea was maybe I can impale the deer when they jump in the pen if they slip and then I won't even have to waste an arrow?

Comment

I have made my feeder pin bigger, did it the very next weekend but haven't remembered to post of the pictures. Its not the biggest or the best but its defiantly bigger and it is working.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
          I have made my feeder pin bigger, did it the very next weekend but haven't remembered to post of the pictures.

Much better lol looks good

Comment

Now the quiet feeder is working great. Here are a few picture that I got off the camera this past weekend. Check out the times. As the corn falls on the deer and runs it off and they return with in a minute. Thought it was kinda funny set of events.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ten ring View Post
              now the quiet feeder is working great. Here are a few picture that i got off the camera this past weekend. Check out the times. As the corn falls on the deer and runs it off and they return with in a minute. Thought it was kinda funny set of events.
              nice!!

Comment

Don't like the idea of it poring straight down. I think it would work great over a hog trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  Don't like the idea of it poring straight down. I think it would work great over a hog trap.

Yeah I like it because it puts it right where I want them, and yeah that'd be a good idea over a big trap

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    So your saying they wont come to a feeder that makes noise to eat corn but will come to a feeder that drops corn out of a barrel?

I understand the hand corning part as I use a lot of road feeders versus traditional feeders. Just doesn't make much sense to me if corn is coming out of a barrel how a buck wont come to it if it is spun out vs dropped.

As a disclaimer I have done some east texas and Louisiana hunting and if there were deer in the area they came to the feeder.
                    Deer will come to the feeder but Mature bucks won't during the day. I hunt in bell county I ran cameras on feeders for 2 months without a single picture of a mature buck during shooting hours. I became frustrated because I could see them at a distance from time to time. That's when I went to hand corn and placed cameras on every site. I had over over 25 pictures of 4 mature bucks through the rest of the season that showed up at the hand corn during shooting hours.

Comment

My place in Williamson county is the complete opposite. I kill a mature buck under my feeder almost every year.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                        I like the sound of the feeder going off. I use it as an alarm clock.
                        Haha True story!

Comment

I dig it. I can't understand why so many folks give a hoot what the OP prefers or what works for him on his place. If it's working for him and he's happy with it, why do y'all care? I run traditional throwers w/ a spin plate, like most folks here. But, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to trying this out to see if it does anything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BDR View Post
                            You can have it. See no point.
                            Then you've never hunted where deer are terrified of anything man made and especially feeders. That's the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                              I dig it. I can't understand why so many folks give a hoot what the OP prefers or what works for him on his place. If it's working for him and he's happy with it, why do y'all care? I run traditional throwers w/ a spin plate, like most folks here. But, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to trying this out to see if it does anything for me.

If I posted the mature bucks I have under it there'd be less negative post, but I don't post them unless it's an LDP. I don't understand how this can't be understood by some, and this coming from someone that hunts in Mexico where if you don't have a sling feeder you might as well not show up! Every property is different and I've found what works for mine and the proof is in the puddin on its effectiveness. Trying to help the guys that have similar properties if someone reads this that it doesn't imply don't then move along this thread obviously doesn't pertain to some.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                                Then you've never hunted where deer are terrified of anything man made and especially feeders. That's the point.

[emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Comment

Working...
                                X