Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brutal

Comment

Saw an article yesterday where Arnold Schwarzenegger came out against trophy hunting and how a real man doesn't shoot animals for a trophy. Since we all care what that guy thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        What % of lions are coming out of Zim vs other areas of Africa...I can see a whole bunch of hunting cancellations in their future with this nonsense.

Not good all the way around...I fear this could affect Zim in a very bad way for the people & animals.
        Not sure on number of lions coming out of there but no way I would go there now! I got screwed when Zambia closed their elephant hunting. I had a trip booked for June of that year. Tent camp on the Zambezi river with permits for croc, hippo and elephant. Got a call in December they were shutting it down. Ended up going to zim and hunting right where all this stuff is going down on the hwange border.

Comment

Originally posted by 55jake View Post
          Saw an article yesterday where Arnold Schwarzenegger came out against trophy hunting and how a real man doesn't shoot animals for a trophy. Since we all care what that guy thinks.
          Do real men cheat on their wives with the house keeper and father illigitamit children because they are too dumb to wrap it up? Better be careful throwing the first stone! What about all the manly, fake violence in his films? Surely that's done to get lots of guys feeling studly.

Comment

I saw the animal planet ad also... I dang near lost my voice screaming at the tv

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
              Do real men cheat on their wives with the house keeper and father illigitamit children because they are too dumb to wrap it up? Better be careful throwing the first stone! What about all the manly, fake violence in his films? Surely that's done to get lots of guys feeling studly.
              Exactly!

Comment

I think they should ban doctors from hunting. Seems they are causing all the trouble, problem solved. Makes about as much sense.

Comment

Pulling the lady from Idaho and the other doctor in... With no proof of illegality is just sensationalism trying to extend the cycle of the original story.

I deeply fear for the wildlife of Africa if this story/story line keeps up its head of steam. So many of the numbers of animals that conservation agencies quote are outside of parks, and without hunting to fund anti-poaching... Those areas would be devoid of healthy populations very quickly.

I was in Zambia several years ago hunting sable and we decided to go to a "community" concession for an overnight fly camp trip to see what we could see. It was everyone's hunting area... Which meant it was no ones to protect. The amount of carcasses/bones from the rampant poaching was stupid. It sickened me. It sickened the PH. The Zambian government didn't have the money to protect the concession... And since it wasn't a specific hunting company's... Neither did they. That is what happens to EVERY area that is not actively protected by a safari company, or someone with an equal exonomic interest for the animals to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    I think they should ban doctors from hunting. Seems they are causing all the trouble, problem solved. Makes about as much sense.
                    Please don't get that idea started! Does seem like the medical professionals are taking a hit. Probably because we make a good living and can afford a hunt in zim. Problem is we don't quite make enough to do that hunt in somewhere more stable like Tanzania.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                      Pulling the lady from Idaho and the other doctor in... With no proof of illegality is just sensationalism trying to extend the cycle of the original story.

I deeply fear for the wildlife of Africa if this story/story line keeps up its head of steam. So many of the numbers of animals that conservation agencies quote are outside of parks, and without hunting to fund anti-poaching... Those areas would be devoid of healthy populations very quickly.

I was in Zambia several years ago hunting sable and we decided to go to a "community" concession for an overnight fly camp trip to see what we could see. It was everyone's hunting area... Which meant it was no ones to protect. The amount of carcasses/bones from the rampant poaching was stupid. It sickened me. It sickened the PH. The Zambian government didn't have the money to protect the concession... And since it wasn't a specific hunting company's... Neither did they. That is what happens to EVERY area that is not actively protected by a safari company, or someone with an equal exonomic interest for the animals to be there.
                      Yep and the idiots are to dumb to listen to that. The destruction of animals that will happen if there are bans put on hunting will endanger or extinct most animals eventually. But they dont listen to facts all they see is a dead animal. IDIOTS

Comment

I need to get a lion hunt booked ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                          I believe the new hunter in question is dr seski. Very well known bowhunter. Has killed several elephants with a bow and tons of other game. Have never heard a bad thing about him. I think it is a witch hunt right now. I hope all these people bitching are vegetarians. I really think you are seeing a lot of this crap because of how third world countries do things. Zim and its government are a wreck!
                          Correct. I didnt say anything untill it hit the fan. Jan Seski is the new target. He is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people i have ever met. He has taken an incredible amout of animals with a bow. I know he has taken at least 8 elephants with bow and arrow as well as many other unbelievable trophies including Brown bear and Polar bear.

He has been under attack in recent years in every aspect of his life, from OUR federal government. Jan has dedicated his life to making the World a better place. He has saved hundreds of lives with his advanced surgical skills. I have nothing but respect for the man and will have a hard time believing he did ANYTHING wrong. I really hate he is being smeared....Im sure the US feds will be all over this too.
                          Last edited by GarGuy; 08-03-2015, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Some poor cop will have to shoot a black guy some where and no one will even remember any of this ever happened

Comment

Since I've been alive, I don't think hunting has ever seen this type of mass hatred from a people who have never hunted a day in their lives.

Comment

What cracks me up is that people are all fired up about an animal killed in Zimbabwe. Really? If you are going to concern yourself with what goes on in Zimbabwe, wouldn't a dead lion or two be at the bottom of the list?

Comment

Working...
                                X