Magnus Black Hornet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
    Bump for more current reviews. A guy has to know what's out there and what it is doing.
    Been testing the Black Hornets and Iron Wills on hogs recently and so far they have been more durable than the Iron Wills and also have a bigger cut. I've bent/damaged two Iron Wills so far. The Iron Wills fly and penetrate slightly better but the v100's are very noisy. Both have lifetime warranty but given the price difference I'll probably be sticking with the Black Hornets. Used to shoot ST Magnums and these are more durable than the ST's. Black Hornets have good edge retention and you can get them shaving sharp.
    Last edited by bowhunting1; 01-18-2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Killed 2 deer this year with em. Dead within 50-60 yards

Comment

Have you used the Ser Razor or the clean blade?

Comment

Wanting to try and compare the Ser Razer but have only shot the clean blade so far. Would like to hear from someone shooting the razer.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
            Doesn't Magnus offer a lifetime warranty on their products?
            The magnus lifetime warranty covers damage that the customer cause, not just manufacturer's defects. This is very important.

Few companies can offer this level of warranty without going broke.

Comment

Going to try these. Don’t like the recent vibrations in my newer ST’s even with the correct position of the washer domes.

Comment

I’m a big fan of the Black Hornets...It’s my favorite broadhead.
                I used the regular Hornets last year and I killed a 10pt this year with the Ser Razor version.

Both worked good but I feel the Ser Razor stayed sharper more after going through the front leg of my buck vs the regular I used last year. Those seemed to dull up a little more after a pass through. The Ser Razor was still surprisingly sharp.

Comment

Ranch fairy has a video or 2 on the ser razor on YouTube. Seems to be a solid head. I'm planning on trying a few new things during the hog season, if they cooperate. Been shooting mechanical, might be making a switch.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Started hunting with them this season.
                    I had been set on G5 Strikers for years but quality has gone to crap imho.
                    Black Hornets [emoji219]
                    Are my new go to head.
                    Awesome Penetration and blood trails,
                    Super sharp out of the box and real easy to resharpen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like they are bad ***. Do they make them for a cross bow

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                        Sounds like they are bad ***. Do they make them for a cross bow
                        They will work out of a crossbow

Comment

Not sure what's going on with the Folks at Magnus, but I checked their website and it said,
                          "Thank you all very much for using our broadheads. 2019 is our 35th year in business and at this time we kindly ask for your patience over the next 3 to 4 weeks regarding the shipping of your orders and warranty returns as we are dealing with family medical emergencies which just occured, as well as attending trade shows. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Thank you."

Hope all is well for them.

Comment

i used the black hornets at chambers ranch back in early december, killed a big bodied 8 and two hogs,,, all pass throughs but i never found the arrows from the hogs,, one of them was still air born at least 60 yards before i lost sight of it headed into the brush, passed through and skipped off some rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                              It's a pack of 3...one was removed.
                              lol ..... still .....

Comment

I just ordered a pack of these after reading through a few of yalls experiences and Ranch Fairy’s YouTube reviews. I can’t wait to try them out!

Comment

Working...
                                X