more money or quality of life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
    I took the money. I also asked for more vacation.

My job is not that bad, and I think it would be a little foolish and a huge hit to my career not to take the bump and stay were I am. My current position is a higher profile more valuable position with probably more room to grow (financially, and responsibility).

thanks for the input guys. I think a new bow is going to be in my pre bow season future.
    Wise choice

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
      I took the money. I also asked for more vacation.

My job is not that bad, and I think it would be a little foolish and a huge hit to my career not to take the bump and stay were I am. My current position is a higher profile more valuable position with probably more room to grow (financially, and responsibility).

thanks for the input guys. I think a new bow is going to be in my pre bow season future.
      From a career perspective you made a wise choice IMO. Get an extra week of vacay?

Comment

Neither of us know each other. Base it on your own goals and aspirations, not money.

Putting money aside, I gather that this is based on working for men or leading men. If you like to lead an effective and efficient group of men, take the leadership role.

There's nothing wrong with either choice. We are all different.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Hard Knocks View Post
          Up until recently,I was always chasing the dollar. Worked all the OT that was offered.Funny thing is that in the end,I never had any extra money,Missed family time,and was just generally miserable.Decided for the most part,I would just work 40 hrs,and life is much better! Money will not make you happy
          I don't know if one's age makes a difference, it does to me though. In past years I was VERY undisciplined with $$, made a lot and spent a lot. But like many, it was a great deal of hours and a bigger amount of stress.

My thought is if you don't like what you are doing now, then NO amount of $$ will make it better! Sure, my 3 son's are all raised and on their own now but I have learned to live on MUCH less than in the past. I have everything I want and need and for the most part work at something I enjoy doing.

Good luck and remember..for many they years ahead if you stay in the same job, not enjoying it, will only be more of a challenge...IMO.

Comment

Take money, if they believe you are valuable then negotiate guaranteed time off/vacations, pay rate increases, and a good severance package if you don't have one already. Sounds like the ball is in your court. I know for certain that I couldn't pass up an opportunity to move up in my career.

Comment

Boils down to leadership. Delegate the responsiblity and take the money!!!

Win win in my book!!!!

I've been in mid level management for 15 years. Some companies I had 5-10 people and now I have over 200. My business never closes. 24/7/365 we are open. I rarely work more than 45 hr per week. I havent worked a weekend in 5 years!!!!

When I started in this career path I was working 60+hour weeks, never had time off and was in school.

Comment

Working...
              X