Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed_panspermia

There is literally no accepted theory on how life started on earth, or in the universe for that matter. And givin the possibilities of how it may have got here, this is a widely considered possibility. Of course the real answer that "most" scientists have is "I don't know". Because the odds of life starting on earth are so insurmountable. That's why I said that the most common sense answer is a Creator.

So I am giving you real info, not just repeating "well there are like 50 gabiliion planets so there must be life!"

Just going back to my old point, there may be ET life out there, but I don't think we will find it in the next 100 years.
    It was presented as a hypothesis for what might have happened. It has never been widely considered possibility. It's just one of millions hypotheses, and not a very popular one. I think most would say that Lithopanspermia and soft panspermia are far more popular possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
      It was presented as a hypothesis for what might have happened. It has never been widely considered possibility. It's just one of millions hypotheses, and not a very popular one. I think most would say that Lithopanspermia and soft panspermia are far more popular possibilities.
      Okay what's your point?

It's one of the many stupid hypotheses that exist. And like all the rest it is highly unlikely. The odds of life showing up on any planet are infintesimely small. So, statistically, there might be other life on a couple of the millions of life capable planets. Or not. But if there is we probably won't know for a long, long, time. If ever.

Comment

What the heck were we talking about. Geez....................

Comment

Okay what's your point?
          Uhhhh.....

After all most of them believe that earth was "seeded" by aliens as the trigger to evolution, so they believe in ET life already.

I guess I am saying that their proof of life on other planets is the fact that there is life here.

Comment

If an alien life does find us lets hope we aware not the equailent of a bug to them.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
              Uhhhh.....
              Yeah. Guess he confused himself.

Comment

Okay I will try to relate my overall point nice and slow.

Scientists have no viable theory whatsoever of the origen of life on earth. No reasonable, logical, sense making hypothesis at all.

Anything they propose essentially includes life on earth coming from life from other planets... either coming here sent on purpose via projectile, or not on purpose via asteroid. Both of which are highly unlikely, borderline impossible.

The other hypothesis is life forming itself on earth from nothing... also impossible... although most likely. Meaning a Creator or a natural biological miracle(Creator).

So, I believe there are as many earth like planets out there as the scientists say that there are. I don't believe that that means any of them contain any life whatsoever.

I believe that most scientists believe that life exists on earth either directly or indirectly because alien life on other planets spilled over into earth.

I believe life on earth got here because a Creator put life here.

I believe that, scientifically, the odds of life developing on an earth like planet Are so slim, that it would take the existence of millions of earth like planets just to statistically justify life on a few. Meaning we will not run into intelligence in the next 100 years.

I don't believe the mere fact that there are millions of earth like planets means there is ET life.

I don't believe that because of Stonehenge, or the pyramids, or the fact that the Romans were capable of mixing mortar stronger than we are capable of mixing it today proves ET life.

I believe I have introduced as much real scientific info into this conversation as anyone has.

Comment

Interesting...

'Impossible' rocket drive works and could get to Moon in four hours
                  The British designed EM Drive actually works and would dramatically speed up space travel, scientists have confirmed

Comment

We don't even really know what color dinosaurs were, we have changed Pluto's status from planet to ?, They got the size of Pluto wrong, I think some scientists are just trying to report on something first, just like news stations.

Earth like? That's a push. It's a planet in the habitable zone. It may look like mars or jupiter.

I do like this stuff though. At least the money is not being wasted on free iPhones for the poor.

Comment

Working...
                    X