No announcement yet.

Carrying in church.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the time. Pastor's on board. We make a parking lot sweep during Service too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
      Living Stones? That's where I took mine.
      Gateway Baptist

Comment

I have a CHL and I do carry on church grounds, in the sanctuary and when delivering a message. I am a Lay Pastor and the Youth Pastor at Magnolia Cowboy Church and a large percentage of the congregation carries and pretty much all of our leadership team. We are blessed with many of the local sheriff's department as members as well. I pity the fool who attempted anything stupid on our property.

Comment

Most of our Deacons carry and are usually sorta of assigned to main corridors for meet and greet sort of thing. And security.

Comment

I dont see an issue with a concealed hand gun in these times.

Our Pastor had this exact conversation after the tragedy in Fort Worth where it mentioned he reloaded 3x before taking his own life.

Comment

Yes.

We actually have a "plan", for everyone that is carrying, in the event something were to happen it's not total chaos with cross fire etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                Doin' the Lords work!

"By His breath the heavens are cleared; His hand has pierced the fleeing serpent." Job 26:13

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                  It's a Class "A" Misdemeanor in Texas, even with a CHL. I would check with the pastor and local authorities to confirm if you can carry in your church with the pastor's consent.
                  Wrong!

Comment

From a theological standpoint, I don't see anything wrong with carrying in church. Unfortunately, since I can't carry every day, I typically don't. Because it is not an everyday habit, I tend to just carry depending on where I am going. I have carried at church more because where I have been, or will be going that day.

Comment

[QUOTE=Blood Trail;10178081]I carry in church. It's up to the discretion of the pastor. And it was South Carolina, not NC.[/QUOTE

I grew up in SC. My family still lives there. My dad carries in church, and I know of at least 4 others at that church. Not a huge church, but about 300 on Sunday morning. Traditional, Southern Baptist Church.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        I took my CHL class in a church.
                        Church is about 85% packing.
                        They offer in my church also. A few carry.

Originally posted by ArmyAg97 View Post
                        Yes.
                        We actually have a "plan", for everyone that is carrying, in the event something were to happen it's not total chaos with cross fire etc.
                        Lots of other things WAY more likely to happen that you should plan for.

Why do people do everything backwards? Maybe it's just fear. The odds are soo low it's dumb. Better odds of getting snake bit, car wreck, stuck by lightning, tripping a HEB and hitting your head.....etc.

Do you shop at HEB with a helmet on? Wear snake chaps everyday? Stay at home and inside all the time? I don't care if someone carries but to see people think, plan, and debate something that's so unlikely to happen is strange.

Comment

Also - Luke 22:36
                          New International Version
                          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Comment

Glad to see people carrying in Church

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Why do people do everything backwards? Maybe it's just fear. The odds are soo low it's dumb. Better odds of getting snake bit, car wreck, stuck by lightning, tripping a HEB and hitting your head.....etc.

Do you shop at HEB with a helmet on? Wear snake chaps everyday? Stay at home and inside all the time? I don't care if someone carries but to see people think, plan, and debate something that's so unlikely to happen is strange.
                              "To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect."

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

That is probably EXACTLY how the people in SC thought also...

Comment

Working...
                                X