Carrying in church.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
    Easy UltraMax, Pistol is a lady.(Stacey)
    Sorry Stacey.

Comment

Thanks, TMAG, you are right.

No worries, we all make mistakes UltraMax ;-)

Comment

I took my CHL class in a church.
        Church is about 85% packing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
          We have some that carry, but I have no idea which ones. We will be asking folks not to open carry inside the buildings when it goes into effect.
          we are addressing the same issue now. im curious to hear your logic behind your decision and if you think you might lose some people because you wont allow them to open carry.

Comment

Originally posted by ridge reaper View Post
            Post edited. CHL is what I meant. Thanks.
            Just messin with ya.

Comment

It's a Class "A" Misdemeanor in Texas, even with a CHL. I would check with the pastor and local authorities to confirm if you can carry in your church with the pastor's consent.

Terrorist and lunatics are going to be attracked to crowds, especially a religious group, so in my mind, it's a good idea to carry.

I have a CHL, but do not carry in church. A guy walked in mid-service a few years back. He was dressed in all white with a hoodie, backpack, and headphones playing. I made my wife move so I could be at the end of the pew. When he sat, I moved to be closer to him. That might have been a little paranoid, lol.

Comment

I use to keep my shotgun leaned against my chair at service, but we met outside by a pond and time or two we had to stop service to dispatch a snake.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                  It's a Class "A" Misdemeanor in Texas, even with a CHL. I would check with the pastor and local authorities to confirm if you can carry in your church with the pastor's consent.

Terrorist and lunatics are going to be attracked to crowds, especially a religious group, so in my mind, it's a good idea to carry.

I have a CHL, but do not carry in church. A guy walked in mid-service a few years back. He was dressed in all white with a hoodie, backpack, and headphones playing. I made my wife move so I could be at the end of the pew. When he sat, I moved to be closer to him. That might have been a little paranoid, lol.
                  The law was amended many years ago that a church now has to post a 30.06 if they don't want people to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                    I use to keep my shotgun leaned against my chair at service, but we met outside by a pond and time or two we had to stop service to dispatch a snake.
                    Doin' the Lords work!

"By His breath the heavens are cleared; His hand has pierced the fleeing serpent." Job 26:13

Comment

I pack in church....... everybody aint gotta know you packing. I rather protect my loved ones and myself,then face this sick legal system.

Comment

If you can carry it, you should. Do the research and you will see that unfortunately, there are a lot of shootings that take place at churches.

Comment

Pastor's view is if you have it carry it.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            I took my CHL class in a church.
                            Church is about 85% packing.
                            Living Stones? That's where I took mine.

Comment

The lord protects....i carry just in case....

Comment

my FIL is a retired preacher. his son, my BIL, took his place as the preacher in the same church. they both carry, as do i

Comment

Working...
                                X