Rattlesnake Bite.....with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    big snake! Likely means that this was no defensive strike, he was going all out hoping for dinner....
    Exactly what both vets said.

Comment

Yikes. Hope she is OK and pulls through.

Comment

Fast thinking on the wife's part may have saved the dog. High 5 to mom.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          big snake! Likely means that this was no defensive strike, he was going all out hoping for dinner....
          That's a great point and probably 100% true. Probably explains the almost immediate convulsions too. That wasn't a semi-dry or close to dry bite. That snake was aiming to kill, not scare the pup away.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
            Thanks for the well wishes everyone! My wife is a basket case right now. Rio, my lab, was standing right next to Sophie when she got bit, according to my wife. Apparently freaked Rio out.

Hey Doc - Don't forget to have Moose's Tooth tonight in Anchorage! And good luck on the hunt. Kodiak Bownie is on my bucket list.
            I'll have time so I'll track it down. Gotta find an iPhone case somewhere in anchorage. Found out at 1 am I bought one for the wrong phone. Hope the dog is doing well, sorry about that whole deal.

Comment

Dang I hate to see this...poor pup looks pretty sick. Hope she continues to improve.

Comment

poor pup! hope she gets better soon!

Comment

My parents two dogs both were hit last Sunday while they were at church. They were both bitten on the nose/snout. I haven't heard what the vet bill came out to but I bet it's steep. They both seem like they are pulling through and swelling has gone down.

Comment

Wow. I just heard about pet insurance the other day. Glad you had it. Hope your dog turns out okay.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I get my dogs the rattlesnake vaccine and we don't even have rattlesnakes. Pet insurance is great too. Hope your dogs well.
                      Timber rattlers...

Comment

Sorry to hear. Be hopeful, my cousin's cat got tagged by a rattlesnake and made a full recovery.

Comment

Dang! hope the dog makes a full recovery. with all the flooding around here, it has pushed the timber rattlers out to the dry spots of land like my camp! Good thing for them that they are protected or this would be a great time to get rid of a bunch of them.

Comment

glad to hear shes making a recovery

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                              Dang, that looks like it was a good sized snake too! Wow.
                              Looks like about 1-1/2 in. Between the fangs...big ol boy....

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post

Looks like about 1-1/2 in. Between the fangs...big ol boy....
                                And you'd be right. That was the first thing I noticed when I finally saw her.

UPDATE - She took the second round of antivenin well and should be able to come home around 8:30 tonight. She'll be getting the guest room all to herself to recover.

Comment

Working...
                                X