2015 Hagerman Archery Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama View Post
    Does anyone know if its possible to swap Hunt segments with someone?
    No, it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
      Golden ticket holders are part of the first 180 slots. So that ups your chances just a little bit.

I put in with a buddy again this year, so we both have 1 pt. We don't really anticipate getting drawn, but if we do, we are ready to go. If not, we'll put in again next year with 2 pts. Every year, you get that much closer.
      If that is the case it is closer to 10%~11% chance (60 permits for 570 remaining apps in the last drawing)

Comment

Originally posted by Txjourneyman View Post
        Here is the e-mail I got today

A majority of Hagerman NWR lands are very flooded, but the HQ/Visitor Center is high and dry. Staff are accessing the area via UTV's thru a field just south of Refuge Road (flooded). Mail is being picked up daily in Sherman. Around 750 applications have been received and processed to date and the draw will be held on Monday, June 8th, to allow time for all mailed applications to reach the office and be processed. Applications mailed on or before June 1 will be accepted - the reason the deadline was extended 1 day was because beginning May 22, hunters could no longer access the Refuge HQ to bring their applications in person as is normally allowed. All applicants will be notified whether they were drawn or not via e-mail sometime between June 9th and 11th. The fewer the calls to the Refuge, the faster they can complete the process.

A reminder about how the preference point system works - the most any hunter has for 2015 is 3 points. Those with 3 points that applied by themselves or with a buddy that also has 3 points will be drawn. Many hunters have 2 points while most have 1 or 0 points. If a hunter with

3 points applies with a hunter with 1 point, the points are added then divided by 2. This hunter/buddy pair would go into the draw with 2 points. For an odd number, it is rounded down, not up (i.e., 2 pts+1pt=3pts divided by two is 1.5pt, rounded down is 1pt). Because there are always hunters who get drawn but do not pay, and some who pay for the permit but do not show up to hunt, a total of 240 slots will be filled and there will be no second draw. If you applied with a buddy, one hunter name is put in the draw, then if drawn the buddy is automatically put in the same hunt. Doe/hog permit holders from 2014 who applied are placed in their same segment as last year. All hunters/buddies with 3 preference points will be placed in Segment B this year, then the remainder of slots up to 180 permits (75%) will be filled with hunters with 2 points. If there are not enough 2 point hunters to fill the 180 slots, a random drawing will be done with all 1 point applicants to get to 180 permits. Once this is done, the remaining 60 slots (25% of permits) will be filled using a random draw of ALL applicants not already placed in a hunt segment. This means every applicant has a chance to be drawn. For all random draws, the website random.org/integers is used to generate a list of numbers that is then cut and pasted onto the applicant Excel spreadsheet. Remaining slots are filled beginning with the hunter who drew the number 1, etc.

To maintain your preference points, you must apply each year. If you (1) are drawn to hunt or (2) do not apply, your preference points start back at 0.

At this point, Refuge staff do not anticipate the current flooding event to impact access to any hunt areas and there are no plans to cancel or adjust the hunt. The units open to deer hunting this fall will be Big Mineral, Sandy, and Godwin. The projected status of the actual Refuge deer population at the time of the hunt is unknown. At this time deer have obviously all moved to higher ground either on the Refuge or adjacent neighboring properties. There could be impacts to mast production that will likely not be known until fall arrives.
        So out of the 750 apps, how many have a buddy on the app? Is that saying there are 750 people in the drawing? Or more than that?

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
          not secret anymore

That was the whole point (note the parenthesis)

Comment

Since the names of both "buddies" are entered into the drawing, I'm guessing that the 750 is the total. If one persons name is drawn, the buddy automatically gets drawn as well.

Edit: I missed this part when I read the email.

If you applied with a buddy, one hunter name is put in the draw, then if drawn the buddy is automatically put in the same hunt.

Comment

I liked it better before all this points crap. I was drawn like 6/7 times out of 9 tries...

Comment

Still NO deer there!

I'm in with 0 points.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  I liked it better before all this points crap. I was drawn like 6/7 times out of 9 tries...
                  On the other hand I put in for 9 years in a row and didn't get drawn Then got drawn 2 in a row and got drawn a year after that the not for 3 years till hope fully this year. But I have to admit having a equal shot at it every year would be nice
                  Last edited by Bama; 06-03-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    You know your the reason they did it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      The only thing is that the doe has to be hit in the heart/liver/lung. They will make an exception on the hogs being adult if you kill 72 juvenile hogs like TXBLCKCLOUD did.
                      as yes, hog-a-palooza !!!

sounded like a gun range that Friday

Comment

Today should be the draw.

Comment

I wouldn't expect to hear today though

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                            I wouldn't expect to hear today though

Probably not, but I hope so. At least it slipped my mind till this morning.

Comment

This just in.. phone receptionist at H called in sick today. . Lol

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                                This just in.. phone receptionist at H called in sick today. . Lol

I would not doubt that at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X