Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lake is at 635, normal is 618.

it's dropping 6 inches a day right now.

should be back to normal in 34 days, with no substantial rain.... and the time of the year is right for no substantial rain

Comment

Visited the refuge today and was greeted with a heck of a stench.

Comment

Entrance to Big Mineral at the intersection of Bennet and Wildlife Road

Comment

It wasn't that high until after the tsunami. I drove into that 3 way intersection after the first crest and could walk 100 yards down the trail. Gonna be a long time before it goes down

Comment

thanks for the photos Tobin. i hadn't even tried to go out there and look in a while...

Comment

Looks like a mess and a long time and bunch of work to get back to where it was pre flood

Comment

I'm starting to think this year may be better to concentrate on hogs and get a pass into next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  I'm starting to think this year may be better to concentrate on hogs and get a pass into next year.
                  I was thinking the same thing. Only problem is, the best way to get a hog will be on foot and that might mean I tick off a few other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                    You guys are funny. I wouldn't mess around up there. Play with fire and they can pull your hunting pass.

No Bueno.
                    True, the federal guys don't mess around, you can get banned indefinitley from the hunts like the infamous blue igloo man.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      True, the federal guys don't mess around, you can get banned indefinitley from the hunts like the infamous blue igloo man.
                      Is there something in the rules that say you have to hunt in a stand?

Can't still hunt?

I am thinking most of the pigs left or were drowned, same as the deer. Hopefully they come back by the time the hunts start

Comment

Hagerman Nation Wildlife Refuge set to partially reopen

Comment

Another month. That is sooner than I figured for a full reopen.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                            Another month. That is sooner than I figured for a full reopen.

Yeah, I know the roads will be a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              Yeah, I shot my doe last year so not an option. Kinda wish they would bump all the hunts till next year

Oh well, will make due I guess

Comment

Working...
                              X