No announcement yet.

2015 Hagerman Archery Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is some fairly confusing math, especially since it is known that a couple of people with two points didn't make the 105. Does that mean there were more than 105 with at least two points and those above that number went into the open draw?

I ain't complaining because I got my point for the year, but it makes you wonder, especially when you know how many points others that missed or made the draw have.

Good luck to everyone out there this year, and GPS coordinates should go on sale soon!!
    Last edited by bowhuntntxn; 06-09-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

can someone help me understand the buddy system better?

my hunting buddy and i were told at the refuge that only one of us should register for the draw and list our buddy on the card, while both of us pay. is this the norm?

seems like that is limiting. if we had not gone in person to refuge we would have both mailed in cards. seems that would have given us more chances...., but obviously I am a bit confused...

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post

my hunting buddy and i were told at the refuge that only one of us should register for the draw and list our buddy on the card, while both of us pay. is this the norm?

seems like that is limiting. if we had not gone in person to refuge we would have both mailed in cards. seems that would have given us more chances...., but obviously I am a bit confused...
        What you were told/did is correct.
        If you and your buddy both send cards with each others info they would have gotten tossed.
        From what I understand is when you put in with a buddy only one is thrown in the hat, and if that one is drawn buddy is automatically drawn. If both names were put in the hat it would give an unfair advantage over single appliers due to if one gets drawn both get to hunt.
        Last edited by rjet; 06-09-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post

If you want one chance and your buddy wants one chance, then you apply separately. If you both apply and list each other, you will both be trying to get two chances. They used to throw out both applicants who did that for trying to cheat the system. You get one shot each.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            that is some fairly confusing math, especially since it is known that a couple of people with two points didn't make the 105. Does that mean there were more than 105 with at least two points and those above that number went into the open draw?

I ain't complaining because I got my point for the year, but it makes you wonder, especially when you know how many points others that missed or made the draw have.

Good luck to everyone out there this year, and GPS coordinates should go on sale soon!!
            My interpretation is that all 105 apps with 2pts were drawn. I would guess that anyone with 2pts and not drawn would have had a buddy on their card w/ fewer points thereby lowering the effective pts on that card in the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
              What you were told/did is correct.
              If you and your buddy both send cards with each others info they would have gotten tossed.
              From what I understand is when you put in with a buddy only one is thrown in the hat, and if that one is drawn buddy is automatically drawn. If both names were put in the hat it would give an unfair advantage over single appliers due to if one gets drawn both get to hunt.
              If you want one chance and your buddy wants one chance, then you apply separately. If you both apply and list each other, you will both be trying to get two chances. They used to throw out both applicants who did that for trying to cheat the system. You get one shot each.

thanks guys

Comment

Buddy and I drew segment A. Both had 2 points.
                Good luck

Comment

Well, according to WCB he had three points and his buddy had two. So effectively they both had two, and neither was drawn. So.....

I would think that they should be a shoe in based on points but I guess not. Maybe they were 106

Comment

Well, according to WCB he had three points and his buddy had two. So effectively they both had two, and neither was drawn. So.....

I would think that they should be a shoe in based on points but I guess not. Maybe they were 106
                    I think he amended it and said he had 2 points and his buddy had 1

Comment

Well, according to WCB he had three points and his buddy had two. So effectively they both had two, and neither was drawn. So…..

If WCB put in with Oscar, they should only have (1) point.

WCB shot his 17pt in 2012, so he could only have '13 & '14 points (2).

Oscar shot a doe in 2012 earning Golden Ticket for 2013, so '14 point (1).

If WCB put in solo, he may have drawn this year, if my math was right.

Comment

Me and my son got seg A

Comment

No go for us. On the positive side I got a point. Should I do a European Mount or just frame a pic?

Comment

I had to take my shoes off and start counting toes to keep with all that math

Comment

Math sounds right to me.

Comment

All 3 pointers that put in got drawn (22), lost their points if didn't, which should be around 10-12 people. If read right, most all 2 pointers that put in drew except for those that applied with buddy with less points (105). There were ~310 people with 1 point going in but only ~153 applied. 29 were selected in first draw, no telling how many during the second draw.

So depending on how many kill does and hogs this year... is my math correct that all 2 pointers next year are pretty much going to get a guarantee?

Comment

Working...
                                X