The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
    Found some good ones over the last few weeks.. That Makers Mark Wood Finish Series is legit

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’m looking for a bottle of makers 101
    Makers mark has really grown on me. Consistently good stuff and decent prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another decent haul today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone try the Henry McKenna BIB? I’m thinking of getting one for a buddy’s birthday

Comment

[QUOTE=Bullseye07;16064637]Anyone try the Henry McKenna BIB? I’m thinking of getting one for a buddy’s birthday

Yes sir. Overall it is a solid 10 year Heaven Hill product. If I can find it near retail, I usually grab one.

(Assuming you mean the SiB)
          Last edited by rdorsett; 01-26-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

[quote=rdorsett;16064692]
            Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            Anyone try the Henry McKenna BIB? I’m thinking of getting one for a buddy’s birthday

Yes sir. Overall it is a solid 10 year Heaven Hill product. If I can find it near retail, I usually grab one.

(Assuming you mean the SiB)

Bottle in bond is what I was referring to.

Also, anyone know what GB cowboy goes for at retail typically? Found one for $200.

Comment

[quote=Bullseye07;16064849]
              Originally posted by rdorsett View Post

Bottle in bond is what I was referring to.

Also, anyone know what GB cowboy goes for at retail typically? Found one for $200.

I think y’all are both referring to the same bottle. The 10 year is a single barrel bottled in bond and is a great pour if you can find it for around retail.

Comment

Stumbled across a bottle of the old Ezra 7 today
                Figured it would be a good opportunity to taste test vs the Ezra brooks cask strength I picked up a couple days ago.
                Grabbed a bottle of turkey but I think it may have been a bad decision , should have gotten the Russell reserve 10 instead

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

Makers 101 was traditionally sold on cruise ships and at duty free shops. It was released everywhere during the pandemic when those venues shut down. I cannot verify this, but I was told by a Makers rep that 101 will go back to those venues and will probably not be available at liquor stores in the future as it is today. Again, no idea if that's completely accurate, but I'd stock up if you really like it.
                  Last edited by WBT; 01-26-2022, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                    Makers 101 was traditionally sold on cruise ships and at duty free shops. It was released everywhere during the pandemic when those venues shut down. I cannot verify this, but I was told by a Makers rep that 101 will go back to those venues and will probably not be available at liquor stores in the future as it is today. Again, no idea if that's completely accurate, but I'd stock up if you really like it.

Interesting info, appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

Saw a bottle for $60 today. Not sure what it usually retails for

Comment

Saw a bottle for $60 today. Not sure what it usually retails for

It's $35-40.

Comment

My current cabinet...

Lots of good drinkers, but the only "rare"ish bottle is the ECBP B521.

You guys are gonna drive me to start hunting for bottles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another decent haul today.

Man, that’s is a haul!

Comment

I picked up a bottle of angels envy rye , woodford reserve double oak and smoke wagon single Barrel today.
                              Would like to find a bottle of EC toasted oak but not having much luck

Comment

I have started a new hobby.

Not going to open any, just will keep drinking my cheap whiskey until I get a good stash built.

Comment

Working...
                                X