X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    You’ve been on fire!
    Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

It’s like Easter Egg hunting for adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Nice!

I’ve been wanting to add to my EH Taylor anything but small batch and also my Weller’s anything but Special Reserve.

00999999999i0llf3098999t9lo999999999

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one pour a few months ago and liked it enough to look for it for a few months.

Finally gave up and my boss who got me into the whole bourbon thing sold me both of those bottles in that pic. He’s got about 150 bottles of all sorts of stuff and hooks me up when I can’t find something.

This is his haul in the spring with two other buddies when they went to Kentucky.

Do you know what that is in the back right - has like twelve bottles of it? Just curious if you happen to know.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
        Do you know what that is in the back right - has like twelve bottles of it? Just curious if you happen to know.

Appear to be Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reading through this thread, I see many looking for Smoke Wagon. You can buy it online through their website (Nevada Distilling). They have the straight bourbon and the small batch available. When you buy it, they throw you over to Mash and Grape. It takes a good minute to deliver, but it'll eventually arrive. I ordered both, and it took about two weeks to deliver. Just an FYI.

J

Comment

I got a call from a store I frequent pretty often that they had a bottle of Eagle Rare for me. I was going to be in Amarillo today so I swung by to pick the ER up. They had two cases and a few bottles of Buffalo Trace on an end cap so I grabbed four bottles. Go up to the counter and the girl says only one per customer. I said okay but the owner has let me buy a case on several occasions. She says I can ask the manager if I'd like. She pointed him out as he was walking by and I asked him if I could possibly get four bottles. He never broke stride and said absolutly not. Okay I get it is hard to come by and they want to spread it out. Seemed kind of rude. Maybe he was having an off day.

So another liquor store I sometimes stop by has a shelf full of Buffalo Trace as well as Weller in half gallons. I ask if I can buy all of it and the owner grabs a cart. I relay the story from the other store. He laughs and says he sales it to warm bodies in front of him not someone that might come in. He made a loyal customer !

Comment

Picked up 2 Eagle Rare’s and a Smoke Wagon Small Batch in the clear bottle.

What’s the difference in the small batch dark bottle and dark bottle?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Picked up 2 Eagle Rare’s and a Smoke Wagon Small Batch in the clear bottle.

What’s the difference in the small batch dark bottle and dark bottle?
                He's just out of the dark bottles.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought I was done but I guess I’m addicted.

This weeks finds:

Want to trade that peg leg?

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                    Want to trade that peg leg?

Maybe what you got?

Comment

Last edited by Fargus; 08-05-2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Anyone excited about the new Whistle Pig Boss Hog VII coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                          Anyone excited about the new Whistle Pig Boss Hog VII coming out?

https://whistlepigwhiskey.com/whiskeys/the-boss-hog/

I haven’t really tried much of the Whistle Pig yet. I did try the farm stock rye and I enjoyed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmck View Post
                            I got a call from a store I frequent pretty often that they had a bottle of Eagle Rare for me. I was going to be in Amarillo today so I swung by to pick the ER up. They had two cases and a few bottles of Buffalo Trace on an end cap so I grabbed four bottles. Go up to the counter and the girl says only one per customer. I said okay but the owner has let me buy a case on several occasions. She says I can ask the manager if I'd like. She pointed him out as he was walking by and I asked him if I could possibly get four bottles. He never broke stride and said absolutly not. Okay I get it is hard to come by and they want to spread it out. Seemed kind of rude. Maybe he was having an off day.

So another liquor store I sometimes stop by has a shelf full of Buffalo Trace as well as Weller in half gallons. I ask if I can buy all of it and the owner grabs a cart. I relay the story from the other store. He laughs and says he sales it to warm bodies in front of him not someone that might come in. He made a loyal customer !

I get what you’re saying, but I’ve got no sympathy. People buying up everything in sight is what has caused the outrageous secondary market. Same as with ammo. The casual collector/drinker misses out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              I get what you’re saying, but I’ve got no sympathy. People buying up everything in sight is what has caused the outrageous secondary market. Same as with ammo. The casual collector/drinker misses out.

Yeah I’m with you. I don’t want to get cut out of the fun because I don’t have time to be at the liquor store when the Buffalo trace truck shows up, or because I don’t buy cases at a time. Not saying that guy is that type, but I’ve met several folks that know when the truck arrives and leave work to meet them at their stores so they can buy up as much as possible. Ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

I go on Bourbon safari all the time. Never had to buy on the secondary market.
                                I was not looking for sympathy I was relaying a story about how two different store managers view things.

Comment

Working...
                                X