X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody tried Oak Cliff Whiskey?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      I am going to say this and I might get blasted, but just because it is expensive does not make it drinkable. I have had a lot of high dollar bourbon/whiskey in my life and some of it was not very good. But each to his own as we all have different palates when it comes to our preferred drinks. What I think is smooth or what I think is horrible may be th e totally opposite of someone else.

The thing is, enjoy and drink away!
      You are correct about price not equating to quality. I have been lucky to acquire some very allocated bottles, but I also enjoy several sub $30 bourbons/whiskeys that I would put up against some of the more expensive bottles/drinks I have had.

Comment

Originally posted by scottamu View Post
        Looking for any of the BT antique series or a Pappy family. Have quite a few good bottles that I am willing to package up for a trade. Some examples are Multiple bottles of Blantons, Elijah Craig BP, JD Heritage, Eagle Rare, MWND, W12, Weller Antique, Balvenie 21, AE Rye, Willet Rye, Blood Oath, Rhetoric Foragers Keep, EHT, Michters 10, Rock Hill, etc. Let me know if there’s any interest. Houston area.
        Any interest in selling some of your current collection?

Comment

No, not really.

Comment

I hit the Twin Liquor dollar sale yesterday. But most of the good stuff was sold out. I did score some Jefferson's Reserve small batch, Elijah Craig small batch for pretty cheap.

Comment

Nice score today
              Attached Files
              Last edited by JTRichardson; 02-28-2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I received this Four Roses barrel top from knife legend Gil Hibben. Knife handles in the future.

Any of you know how to interpret the codes on the barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daughter got me a bottle of Nikka for Christmas - it WAS good!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                    I received this Four Roses barrel top from knife legend Gil Hibben. Knife handles in the future.

Any of you know how to interpret the codes on the barrel?

I would guess it was barreled in 2014 , next to it the E08D21 could be warehouse and row/section numbers. The OESK is the recipe, which they translate to Spicy, Full Body.

I have an OESQ bottle right now that's delicious.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Specs was good to me today! I broke my foot and am using a knee scooter for the next month so I think they felt bad and hooked me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                        Specs was good to me today! I broke my foot and am using a knee scooter for the next month so I think they felt bad and hooked me up!

Whoa! Yeah they did! Hate you got a broken foot though.. dang

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good intel on the OESK. It's a part of almost all the various Four Roses according to their website. Quite a large proportion of it in the Small Batch. I got a regular bottle of Four Roses last night, didn't spring for the Small Batch. After tasting, I'd say the regular is just bourbon, not remarkable one way or the other IMO.

Comment

Hunting was good today.

Comment

Anyone got a weller 12 that they’re looking to trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Wbeene13 View Post

Recently named best in the world got the phone call that it was in stock bought the only bottle they had we will see what it taste like shortly

So, how is this stuff? I located a few bottles but didn’t buy since I haven’t heard any reviews.

Comment

Working...
                                X