The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post

Had a great tasting with our group this week. FP at 125 was the clear leader. Sweet Wheat had a bad spot in queu so didn’t do well. High Rye was a winner. And one guy loved the SB. Support the US. Drink bourbon [emoji1634]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice vert flight there. The 1792 picks are some of my fav go to everyday drinkers. Hard to beat for the price.

Comment

Gonna give this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been enjoying these two lately.

I'll be having the Basil with my steak shortly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210213_182122.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	24644615

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          While not bourbon I grabbed a cask strength of one of my favorite whiskeys from Costco this week. Redbreast 12 year old cask strength is an incredible pour and surprisingly smooth for the high abv. If you like Irish whiskey it’s a must have bottle
          Redbrest is one of my favorites. It's currently what's in the house decanter pictured above.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            Redbrest is one of my favorites. It's currently what's in the house decanter pictured above.

It’s one I always keep in the house. If you like the 12, the cask strength is even better. Never been too impressed with the 15 for the price but the 21 is as good as an Irish gets

Comment

Bought a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel last night. Very impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

Redbreast 12 and Green Spot are about tied for my favorite Irish, with Powers 3 Swallows right there in the race. I've had the cask strength RB 12 when out and about. It is incredible, but I've never found a bottle on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  Redbreast 12 and Green Spot are about tied for my favorite Irish, with Powers 3 Swallows right there in the race. I've had the cask strength RB 12 when out and about. It is incredible, but I've never found a bottle on the shelf.

If you like Green Spot, then you babe you try Red Spot if you can get your hands on it. Even harder to find than RB 12 cask strength (about the same price though).

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
                    Bought a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel last night. Very impressed with it.

I love it, one of my favorite daily go tos especially at that price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I may be able to drop one off to you when I get this years build

I’ve a big fan of green spot, I haven’t had the yellow spot and it was on the shelf this week

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        I may be able to drop one off to you when I get this years build

I’ve a big fan of green spot, I haven’t had the yellow spot and it was on the shelf this week
                        I may take you upon that!! There is a bottle of yellow spot hanging around up there if you want to try some before buying a bottle. We have a bottle of Blue Spot inbound at the moment as well. Really interested to try it based on the reviews I've seen so far.

Comment

I may take you upon that!! There is a bottle of yellow spot hanging around up there if you want to try some before buying a bottle. We have a bottle of Blue Spot inbound at the moment as well. Really interested to try it based on the reviews I've seen so far.

Heard good things about Blue Spot. Haven’t been able to get my hands on a bottle yet. Will report back when I do.

Comment

Picked up some Broken Saddle tonight. I’d never heard of it, but several of my Spec’s folks said I should try it. Not too bad at all.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                              Picked up some Broken Saddle tonight. I’d never heard of it, but several of my Spec’s folks said I should try it. Not too bad at all.
                              That's cool, does it have some age to it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                                That's cool, does it have some age to it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                                It says it’s aged at least 4 yrs. Has a vanilla taste with a hint of cherry at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X