The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
    Many Houston Specs got a shipment today.
    They had Blantons too. But it was one or the other couldn’t get both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stopped by my Specs in The Woodlands and Conroe, they had neither but had heard about the others getting some in. I’m running low on Blanton’s so hoping they’ll get some in over the next few days.

Comment

Look what came in the mail today Click image for larger version

Name:	20210204_171206.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	24642188

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, what is a great beginner bourbon? Normally drink crown and 7up... just want to get into drinking something on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
          Guys, what is a great beginner bourbon? Normally drink crown and 7up... just want to get into drinking something on ice.
          Weller Special Reserve

Comment

I’d also add the following, all of which should be readily available and on the shelves:

Buffalo Trace
            Elijah Craig
            Russels Reserve
            Sazerac (rye)

If you’re wanting something higher proof:

Wild Turkey Rare Breed
            Jack Daniels Barrel Proof

Enjoy!

Comment

Wilderness Trail 6 Yr Kentucky Straight Bourbon.

Comment

Angels Envy is pretty smooth, easy to find and not expensive to start.

This is a dangerous path friend, that Crown you loved for years will become trash and you will start scouring stores for allocated bourbons and spending $$ on stuff you never knew you wanted [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
                  Look what came in the mail today [ATTACH]1039432[/ATTACH]

I need a new mailman.

Comment

I had some folks over last weekend who aren’t really bourbon people (beer drinkers). Out of 20+ bourbons they tried while here, they ended up choosing Wolfford’s Reserve Distiller Select and Bookers 2020-02 as their top two.

I was a bit surprised, as they liked it over Smoke Wagon Uncut Unfiltered McKenna, Blantons, EH Taylor (this was one of their least favorites), ER, Stagg Jr, Stagg, and many more reputable bourbons.

Comment

Can't go wrong with buffalo trace!!

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                        I had some folks over last weekend who aren’t really bourbon people (beer drinkers). Out of 20+ bourbons they tried while here, they ended up choosing Wolfford’s Reserve Distiller Select and Bookers 2020-02 as their top two.

I was a bit surprised, as they liked it over Smoke Wagon Uncut Unfiltered McKenna, Blantons, EH Taylor (this was one of their least favorites), ER, Stagg Jr, Stagg, and many more reputable bourbons.

Funny how true bourbon drinkers like some while the occasional drinker likes others. We have discussed that here before.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Funny how true bourbon drinkers like some while the occasional drinker likes others. We have discussed that here before.

It is. And on the next visit they might like something else.

Comment

Had a great tasting with our group this week. FP at 125 was the clear leader. Sweet Wheat had a bad spot in queu so didn’t do well. High Rye was a winner. And one guy loved the SB. Support the US. Drink bourbon [emoji1634]

Comment

Originally posted by Oldfart View Post
                              Wilderness Trail 6 Yr Kentucky Straight Bourbon.
                              Should be good. Wilderness Trail is one of my favorite craft/new distillers.

Comment

While not bourbon I grabbed a cask strength of one of my favorite whiskeys from Costco this week. Redbreast 12 year old cask strength is an incredible pour and surprisingly smooth for the high abv. If you like Irish whiskey it’s a must have bottle

Comment

Working...
                                X