The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Anybody tried the bookers 19-04 “beaten biscuits”? Found it at a mom and pop shop today. Figured I’d give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been making old fashioned with a half a cutie orange and some honey so I can pretend it’ll help this darn cold I’ve had nearly 2 weeks. Tonight it’s Bulleit in the glass.

Comment

I got up early one day last summer to try to get some Pappy during the annual sale at the State store. I was 2 spots away from getting some

I did buy a few bottle of others but I forgot what I paid. What can I try or expect to get selling these?

I’m not trying to sell them on here because there is no way to get them there. I do remember the guy who was in front of me so he will get a call. My plan was to get the Pappy and bring it to the TBH Open for a tasting since I don’t drink anymore.

Left to right:
          Pikeville Rye 110 proof
          Yellow Stone 93
          Yellow Stone 101
          Blanton’s (2)
          Ol’ Ezra

Wel, the photos will not load. I’ll try to get them on later.
          Last edited by 18ncs; 03-21-2020, 01:11 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]996448[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]996449[/ATTACH]

Comment

Anyone have an extra EC 18 ?

Comment

Needing a Blanton’s and A Midwinter’s Nights Dram.

Comment

Pinkies on 4th in Lubbock had a couple of bottles of EH Taylor small batch behind the counter if anyone's looking.

I'm personally looking for a bottle of Eagle Rare in Lubbock, appreciate a heads up if you see one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                      Pinkies on 4th in Lubbock had a couple of bottles of EH Taylor small batch behind the counter if anyone's looking.

I'm personally looking for a bottle of Eagle Rare in Lubbock, appreciate a heads up if you see one.
                      Once the mayor lets us serve again at 4ore Golf, I have a bottle setting on the shelf in the loft. Come by and have a pour or two. I have Blanton's, E. H. Taylor, I. W. Harper 15, and several more great ones as well. If we can just get this corona virus handled, I have the whiskey to sell.

Comment

Added a few today. I’m ready to crack these puppies open.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post

Added a few today. I’m ready to crack these puppies open.

Never seen that particular 1792 before, let us know how it is. Hancocks and Weller 12 are great.

Comment

Makes it even better

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Makes it even better

What's in the glass?

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                                So, I knew this wasn't the 2020 whiskey of the year when I bought it, but figured I would give it a shot since it did come from the distillery that made the “World’s Best Bourbon”.

It's just OK, and really lacks any complexity to the flavor profile. Not surprising given it's minimal 2-year age statement.

https://gearpatrol.com/2020/02/12/wo...iskies-awards/
                                UPDATE: I killed this bottle last night. It was still just OK at best, tolerable, but maybe that's because I've been drinking an exceptional amount lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X