Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
    Nice, I found a bottle Monday myself!
    I've had stagg Jr but never stagg I've been looking and never seen a bottle on the shelves

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      Ahhh. Me and the family arrive Wednesday.

Check out the Total Wines. They have stuff on the shelf hard to find here.
      Thanks, will do. Gonna hit BevMo too, I miss that place

Comment

Ahhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Haven't checked this thread in a while. You consitently have great bottles. Do you buy secondary? Have connections with places or just search like crazy for retail? Just curious quite a few of what you've posted I've never seen on the shelves and I can't bring myself to pay some of the secondary prices yet. I keep thinking I'll find one eventually that's on my list. Would love to know strategy from some of y'all that are landing great bottles if your not paying secondary

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
          Haven't checked this thread in a while. You consitently have great bottles. Do you buy secondary? Have connections with places or just search like crazy for retail? Just curious quite a few of what you've posted I've never seen on the shelves and I can't bring myself to pay some of the secondary prices yet. I keep thinking I'll find one eventually that's on my list. Would love to know strategy from some of y'all that are landing great bottles if your not paying secondary
          Absolutely do NOT buy secondary. I hate the secondary game. I hunt and I build relationships. I also travel a lot, and find bottles. I wish everyone would just stop paying secondary and let that market crash!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            Thanks, will do. Gonna hit BevMo too, I miss that place
            Yep! BevMo has paid off a few times. Actually scored an unopened case of Blanton’s. Also a good place to find Hancock’s.

Comment

Absolutely do NOT buy secondary. I hate the secondary game. I hunt and I build relationships. I also travel a lot, and find bottles. I wish everyone would just stop paying secondary and let that market crash!!!
              Me too. Weller 12 for $130 is insane

Comment

Thanks and I'll keep trying I trypically buy my same mixer and try to find a sipper every time I go to replace my mixer but I shop at specs 90% of the time. Guess I need to hit some smaller stores consistently and see if it pays off. I've looked up lotteries because I've seen where people have scored good bottles that way but haven't found any local ones. I'm in the same boat I with secondary would fall on it's face.

Comment

If you and me have ever agreed on anything it’s this. &$&% them and their mark up. I don’t have to have it... I can actually not have a drink ...and live.

You only got one liver... so don’t trash it drinking junk .... but there are plenty of daily drinkers on anyone budget and taste. And when you find a deal, strike when the iron is hot IF you have the means

Since bourbon has become “the drink” it’s gone up 1/3 across board for 8 year and under. 12 year+ has 3x. It’s not worth it. Even the greatest stuff made ain’t worth the price anymore

Sucks for me as I love great bourbon... just hate looking at $80 pee

Comment

I say I hate it but that’s the only way I could get PVW15 for my anniversary gift. Would never do it again at the price but now I can say I have had it and I got it to enjoy. Been open two months and it’s almost gone

Comment

I despise the secondary market too. Building relationships, hitting stores when traveling, and trading with buddies is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Garrison brothers is really good. I also like the Four Roses single barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          I’ll take that anyday

How bad did I get screwed on the W12 the other day @ $100? What did you pay?

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            How bad did I get screwed on the W12 the other day @ $100? What did you pay?
                            49.99 for the 1.75
                            59.99 for ETL

Comment

Got our PVW 23, Old Van 10, and Old Van 12 in this week. Some delicious stuff
                              $120 - 23yr 2oz

$32 - 12yr 2oz

$25 - 10yr 2oz

Can also do 1oz pours if anyone wants to try for a decent price.

Comment

Decided to check a different area during lunch for W12 today, supposedly just missed 2 1/2 gallons by a few minutes at the first place I stopped. Struck out everywhere else, picked this up as a consolation prize. $69.99 so a little higher than retail but I figured I would try it.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	blanton.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	24563354

Comment

Working...
                                X