everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
    Hurt my shoulder in a slip n fall injury about a month ago while fly fishing.

It is my bow draw shoulder. Which is not great, but hoping to be good enough to shoot the Gtown qualifier and be fine for the season.

Grabbed some tie downs and floating cases today.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    What kind of kayak do you have? Always worried about flipping mine. But since I got my pro angler 12 it makes me feel a bit better lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      What kind of kayak do you have? Always worried about flipping mine. But since I got my pro angler 12 it makes me feel a bit better lol.
      I recently got a pro angler yak myself but have only been out on it once. The yak is extremely stable. I was out on Amistad with the wind blowing hard and the yak did well in the choppy water. Standing up on it was easy enough and felt really stable while standing. My yak has a wheel kit that has the wheels that stow right on the yak but can easily be removed. I will probably try to make a set of out-riggers to fit where the wheels go for additional stability as I plan on crossing the lake to hunt out of it this coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        I recently got a pro angler yak myself but have only been out on it once. The yak is extremely stable. I was out on Amistad with the wind blowing hard and the yak did well in the choppy water. Standing up on it was easy enough and felt really stable while standing. My yak has a wheel kit that has the wheels that stow right on the yak but can easily be removed. I will probably try to make a set of out-riggers to fit where the wheels go for additional stability as I plan on crossing the lake to hunt out of it this coming season.
        Yeah it's crazy stable.

Comment

dang double post.
          Last edited by Pedernal; 07-24-2017, 02:59 AM. Reason: Double post.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            I have a Perception Striker 11.5. It has a large 33" width and is intended to be used as a stand up, but I don't. (or that is what the stand up assist strap would imply)

My tipping was a combination of bad decisions...

1) anchored from the side cleat with a short line: so as the boat tipped it was held there

2) raised seat: using the top of 3 available seating levels, so it was fairly top heavy

3) overambitious cast: probably forgot where I was and hucked a long one

Comment

That would be sketchy for sure lol. I need to get rod leashes just in case. I pretty much only fish Decker for now so it would suck to flip there in all that grass and deep spots

Comment

As a DIY tip for keeping things secure, I use an empty peanut butter jar (plastic) that I tie a piece of para cord around the top. I then tie that to one of my hatch cover lid bungees inside the hull. Keeps wallet and keys safe and dry, even if I flip. Also keeps then dry in the hull if I get water there, as well as keeping them from sliding all inside the hull.

Comment

Anyone going to be near the Frio tomorrow? Thinking about fishing some. Caught this one on the Medina yesterday [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OS_BRANDON View Post
                    Anyone going to be near the Frio tomorrow? Thinking about fishing some. Caught this one on the Medina yesterday [emoji106]

Very nice!

Comment

Congrats! Great Fish!

Comment

Dang nice fish!

Comment

I fished boggy in POC yesterday, only caught a few rat reds. If anyone likes black drum the far shoreline is loaded with them. It's a small bayou and an easy paddle.

Comment

Well, I got on em again today.

Comment

Awesome fish!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                Awesome fish!!

Thanks bud, he came over a log and hammered my frog.

Comment

Working...
                                X